Miso-Maple Crusted Chicken Breasts
with miso-maple roasted carrots
- Carrots - 1 1/2 lbs, chopped
- Green onions - 3 stalks, green parts chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Miso-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 2 Tbsp
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Ginger - 1 tsp, grated
- Miso paste, any type - 1 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb
- Miso-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Carrots / Green onions / Limes - Prep as directed and store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Prep chicken - Slice in half. Cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper and then flatten with a meat tenderizer, until about 1/2” (or 1.25 cm) thick. Season with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Make miso-maple butter - Melt butter in the microwave, 30 to 60 seconds. Grate ginger. Whisk ginger, miso and maple syrup into butter.
- Prep miso-maple panko - Mix butter (the portion for the chicken) with panko.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss carrots with cooking oil and spread out onto a sheet pan. Season with some salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place chicken on a second sheet pan. Cover chicken with panko mixture. Bake chicken until cooked through, 12 to 18 minutes.
- Toss roasted carrots with miso-maple butter (the portion for the carrots) and green onions right out of the oven.
- Enjoy chicken with carrots and lime wedges on the side!
Used 1/2 the butter. Made french fries and pickle beets too to satisfy the hungry teens otherwise it wouldn't have been enough food for everyone. 2nd time- check the chicken on the early side. Cooked quickly.0 Helpful
You guys, I love the carrots, holy crap they're good.0 Helpful
So yummy! I put the carrots into the oven, then prep the chicken. Then throw the chicken on top of the carrots when there's 15 minutes cook time left on the carrots. Easy!0 Helpful
Delicious! I substituted thin cut pork chops for the chicken. My 4 yo loved it. Definitely will make again!0 Helpful
This chicken was really different and interesting.0 Helpful
Used a mix of carrots and snap peas. Everything was delicious.0 Helpful