Miso-Maple Crusted Chicken Breastswith miso-maple roasted carrots
- Carrots - 1 1/2 lbs, chopped
- Green onions - 3 stalks, green parts chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Miso-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 2 Tbsp
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Ginger - 1 tsp, grated
- Miso paste, any type - 1 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb
- Miso-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Carrots / Green onions / Limes - Prep as directed and store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Prep chicken - Slice in half. Cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper and then flatten with a meat tenderizer, until about 1/2” (or 1.25 cm) thick. Season with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Make miso-maple butter - Melt butter in the microwave, 30 to 60 seconds. Grate ginger. Whisk ginger, miso and maple syrup into butter.
- Prep miso-maple panko - Mix butter (the portion for the chicken) with panko.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss carrots with cooking oil and spread out onto a sheet pan. Season with some salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place chicken on a second sheet pan. Cover chicken with panko mixture. Bake chicken until cooked through, 12 to 18 minutes.
- Toss roasted carrots with miso-maple butter (the portion for the carrots) and green onions right out of the oven.
- Enjoy chicken with carrots and lime wedges on the side!
This meal has 40 reviews
You guys, I love the carrots, holy crap they're good.
So yummy! I put the carrots into the oven, then prep the chicken. Then throw the chicken on top of the carrots when there's 15 minutes cook time left on the carrots. Easy!
Delicious! I substituted thin cut pork chops for the chicken. My 4 yo loved it. Definitely will make again!
This chicken was really different and interesting.
Used a mix of carrots and snap peas. Everything was delicious.
Half the breadcrumbs. Bake the carrots and the chicken together in the oven. Don't forget the lime.