Miso-Maple Crusted Chicken Breasts
with miso-maple roasted carrots
Miso-maple butter is great on everything, so we've put it on both roasted carrots and crisp panko crusted chicken breast in this quick dinner that was first featured in our meal service in January 2015.
Roasted Miso-Maple Carrots:
- Carrots - 1 1/2 lbs , chopped
- Green onions - 3 stalks , green parts chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Miso-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 2 Tbsp
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Ginger - 1 tsp , grated
- Miso paste, any type - 1 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
Miso-Maple Crusted Chicken Breasts:
- Limes - 1 , wedges
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb
- Miso-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Carrots / Green onions / Limes - Prep as directed and store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Prep chicken - Slice in half. Cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper and then flatten with a meat tenderizer, until about 1/2” (or 1.25 cm) thick. Season with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Make miso-maple butter - Melt butter in the microwave, 30 to 60 seconds. Grate ginger. Whisk ginger, miso and maple syrup into butter.
- Prep miso-maple panko - Mix butter (the portion for the chicken) with panko.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss carrots with cooking oil and spread out onto a sheet pan. Season with some salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place chicken on a second sheet pan. Cover chicken with panko mixture. Bake chicken until cooked through, 12 to 18 minutes.
- Toss roasted carrots with miso-maple butter (the portion for the carrots) and green onions right out of the oven.
- Enjoy chicken with carrots and lime wedges on the side!