with eggs / carrots / bell peppers / green onions
- Onions, medium - 1/2, diced
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, diced
- Carrots - 1/2 lb, diced
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts separate
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Eggs - 8, whisked
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Chorizo - 1 lb
- Hot sauce - for serving
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add first part of oil and then onions, bell peppers, carrots and white parts of green onions to heated oil with a pinch of salt. Saute for ~3 minutes, until softened. Add in chorizo (remove from casing). Saute until chorizo is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Set aside and wipe out skillet.
- Add second part of oil and then eggs. Lightly scramble until you get them to the consistency you want. Remove from heat.
- Spoon chorizo mixture over eggs. Top with avocado, hot sauce and green parts of green onions. Enjoy!
We made this with Italian sausage instead of chorizo. Loved it!0 Helpful
Delicious! I made my own salsa instead of using store bought0 Helpful
Soyrizo instead of chorizo. Great breakfast.0 Helpful
I made it normal sausage because the kids don't like spicy.0 Helpful
Loved it. Could only find tofurkey brand chorizo so going to keep an eye out for the other brands.0 Helpful
We used real chorizo since we couldn't find any soyrizo, and these turned out amazing. Made really tasty leftovers too!0 Helpful