Soyrizo Breakfast Tacoswith eggs / bell peppers / green onions
A version of this vegetarian breakfast-for-dinner was first featured in the early days of our meal plan service back in October 2013. If you haven't had soyrizo (a vegetarian substitute for chorizo), we recommend giving it a try - the flavors are as good as the meat-based original!
- Onions, medium - 1/2, diced
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, diced
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts separate
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Eggs - 8, whisked
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Soyrizo - 1 lb (look for this near the tofu; sub chorizo)
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 8
- Sour cream - for serving over breakfast tacos (sub plain or Greek yogurt)
- Hot sauce - for serving
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add first part of oil and then onions, bell peppers and white parts of green onions to heated oil with a pinch of salt. Saute for ~3 minutes, until softened. Add in soyrizo (remove from casing). Saute for another 3 minutes. Set aside and wipe out skillet.
- Add second part of oil and then eggs. Lightly scramble until you get them to the consistency you want. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions
- Spoon eggs and soyrizo / veggies into warmed tortillas. Top with avocado slices, sour cream, hot sauce and green parts of green onions. Enjoy!
This meal has 24 reviews
We made this with Italian sausage instead of chorizo. Loved it!
Delicious! I made my own salsa instead of using store bought
Soyrizo instead of chorizo. Great breakfast.
I made it normal sausage because the kids don't like spicy.
Loved it. Could only find tofurkey brand chorizo so going to keep an eye out for the other brands.
We used real chorizo since we couldn't find any soyrizo, and these turned out amazing. Made really tasty leftovers too!