Aminos Ginger Salmon
and bok choy, carrot, cabbage stir-fry
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Aminos ginger sauce (ingredients listed separately) - ~1/4 cup
- Ginger - 1 Tbsp, grated
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 3 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Almond butter - 2 Tbsp (sub any nut butter)
- Water - 4 Tbsp
- Sesame seeds (opt) - 2 tsp
- Bok choy - 1/2 lb, chopped
- Carrots - 8 oz, grated (look for pre-grated)
- Cabbage - 8 oz, shredded (sub coleslaw mix)
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts separate
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Aminos ginger sauce (ingredients listed separately) - ~1/2 cup
- Cashews, roasted and unsalted - 1/4 cup
- Make aminos ginger sauce - Grate ginger. Combine ginger with aminos, cooking oil (the portion for the sauce), lime juice, vinegar, toasted sesame oil and honey. (Remaining ingredients - almond butter, water and sesame seeds will be added during cooking.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bok choy / Carrots / Cabbage / Limes / Green onions - Prep as directed. Combine bok choy, carrots, cabbage and white parts of green onions. Store green parts of green onions separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry. Season lightly with some salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Place fish into a baking dish. Pour half the aminos ginger sauce over fish (reserve the remaining half). Cover with foil and bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, 12 to 18 minutes (depending on thickness).
- While fish cooks, heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil (the portion for the stir-fry) and then carrots, cabbage, bok choy and white parts of green onions to heated oil. Saute until vegetables are tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk almond butter, water and sesame seeds into remaining half of aminos ginger sauce. Pour sauce over vegetables and simmer to let sauce thicken, ~2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cashews.
- Top stir-fry with green parts of green onions.
- Serve fish with stir-fry on the side and lime wedges for squeezing over top. Enjoy!
Made this from the archives to sub one week, quite delicious and easy. Would make again. I enjoyed the flavouring on the tofu.0 Helpful
Really good, definitely a favorite.0 Helpful
Salmon was good, but it made a lot of the noodle/veggie mixture. I will probably double the sauce for the salmon next time and use that extra on the noodles because I thought the noodles could use a little more flavor.0 Helpful
Great stuff. Had some extra salmon from the other day and decided to use it to make this. I added a little Sriracha to spice things up with the noodles.0 Helpful
The noodles were great, I think I will cut down on the carrots next time, there was a lot left in the bowl after dinner.0 Helpful
lots of LO noodles! maybe add an egg in the morning?0 Helpful