Soy Ginger Salmon
and sesame noodles with bok choy and carrots
Slow roasting salmon in a savory, tart dressing leaves it tender and lightly flavored. While the fish cooks, make a quick noodle stir-fry that you'll love for leftovers and is great even on its own.
Soy Ginger Salmon:
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Soy ginger sauce (ingredients listed separately) - ~1/4 cup
Soy Ginger Sauce:
- Ginger - 1 Tbsp , grated
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 3 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Peanut butter - 1 Tbsp
- Miso paste, any type - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 4 Tbsp
- Sesame seeds (opt) - 2 tsp
Sesame Noodles with Bok Choy and Carrots:
- Pasta, spaghetti or linguini - 8 oz
- Bok choy - 1/2 lb , chopped
- Carrots - 8 oz , grated (look for pre-grated)
- Limes - 1 , wedges
- Green onions - 2 stalks , chopped, green and white parts separate
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Soy ginger sauce (ingredients listed separately) - ~1/2 cup
- Make soy ginger sauce - Grate ginger. Combine ginger with brown sugar, soy sauce, cooking oil (the portion for the sauce), lime juice, vinegar and toasted sesame oil. (Remaining ingredients - peanut butter, miso paste, water and sesame seeds will be added during cooking.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Boil noodles - Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Add noodles and cook according to package instructions. If making ahead, toss with some oil to keep from sticking. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Bok choy / Carrots / Limes / Green onions - Prep as directed. Combine bok choy, carrots and white parts of green onions. Store green parts of green onions separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry. Season lightly with some salt and pepper.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Place fish into a baking dish. Pour half the soy ginger sauce over fish (reserve the remaining half). Cover with foil and bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, 12 to 18 minutes (depending on thickness).
- While fish cooks, heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil (the portion for the noodles) and then carrots, bok choy and white parts of green onions to heated oil. Saute until vegetables are tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk peanut butter, miso paste, water and sesame seeds into remaining half of soy ginger sauce. Pour sauce over vegetables and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from heat and stir in noodles.
- Top noodles with green parts of green onions.
- Serve fish with noodles on the side and lime wedges for squeezing over top. Enjoy!