Soy Ginger Salmon
and sesame noodles with bok choy and carrots
Soy Ginger Salmon:
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Soy ginger sauce (ingredients listed separately) - ~1/4 cup
Soy Ginger Sauce:
- Ginger - 1 Tbsp , grated
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 3 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Peanut butter - 1 Tbsp
- Miso paste, any type - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 4 Tbsp
- Sesame seeds (opt) - 2 tsp
Sesame Noodles with Bok Choy and Carrots:
- Pasta, spaghetti or linguini - 8 oz
- Bok choy - 1/2 lb , chopped
- Carrots - 8 oz , grated (look for pre-grated)
- Limes - 1 , wedges
- Green onions - 2 stalks , chopped, green and white parts separate
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Soy ginger sauce (ingredients listed separately) - ~1/2 cup
- Make soy ginger sauce - Grate ginger. Combine ginger with brown sugar, soy sauce, cooking oil (the portion for the sauce), lime juice, vinegar and toasted sesame oil. (Remaining ingredients - peanut butter, miso paste, water and sesame seeds will be added during cooking.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Boil noodles - Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Add noodles and cook according to package instructions. If making ahead, toss with some oil to keep from sticking. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Bok choy / Carrots / Limes / Green onions - Prep as directed. Combine bok choy, carrots and white parts of green onions. Store green parts of green onions separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry. Season lightly with some salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Place fish into a baking dish. Pour half the soy ginger sauce over fish (reserve the remaining half). Cover with foil and bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, 12 to 18 minutes (depending on thickness).
- While fish cooks, heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil (the portion for the noodles) and then carrots, bok choy and white parts of green onions to heated oil. Saute until vegetables are tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk peanut butter, miso paste, water and sesame seeds into remaining half of soy ginger sauce. Pour sauce over vegetables and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from heat and stir in noodles.
- Top noodles with green parts of green onions.
- Serve fish with noodles on the side and lime wedges for squeezing over top. Enjoy!