Soy Ginger Salmon
and sesame noodles with bok choy and carrots
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Soy ginger sauce (ingredients listed separately) - ~1/4 cup
- Ginger - 1 Tbsp, grated
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 3 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Peanut butter - 1 Tbsp
- Miso paste, any type - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 4 Tbsp
- Sesame seeds (opt) - 2 tsp
- Pasta, spaghetti or linguini - 8 oz
- Bok choy - 1/2 lb, chopped
- Carrots - 8 oz, grated (look for pre-grated)
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts separate
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Soy ginger sauce (ingredients listed separately) - ~1/2 cup
- Make soy ginger sauce - Grate ginger. Combine ginger with brown sugar, soy sauce, cooking oil (the portion for the sauce), lime juice, vinegar and toasted sesame oil. (Remaining ingredients - peanut butter, miso paste, water and sesame seeds will be added during cooking.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Boil noodles - Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Add noodles and cook according to package instructions. If making ahead, toss with some oil to keep from sticking. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Bok choy / Carrots / Limes / Green onions - Prep as directed. Combine bok choy, carrots and white parts of green onions. Store green parts of green onions separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry. Season lightly with some salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Place fish into a baking dish. Pour half the soy ginger sauce over fish (reserve the remaining half). Cover with foil and bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, 12 to 18 minutes (depending on thickness).
- While fish cooks, heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil (the portion for the noodles) and then carrots, bok choy and white parts of green onions to heated oil. Saute until vegetables are tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk peanut butter, miso paste, water and sesame seeds into remaining half of soy ginger sauce. Pour sauce over vegetables and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from heat and stir in noodles.
- Top noodles with green parts of green onions.
- Serve fish with noodles on the side and lime wedges for squeezing over top. Enjoy!
Made this from the archives to sub one week, quite delicious and easy. Would make again. I enjoyed the flavouring on the tofu.0 Helpful
Really good, definitely a favorite.0 Helpful
Salmon was good, but it made a lot of the noodle/veggie mixture. I will probably double the sauce for the salmon next time and use that extra on the noodles because I thought the noodles could use a little more flavor.0 Helpful
Great stuff. Had some extra salmon from the other day and decided to use it to make this. I added a little Sriracha to spice things up with the noodles.0 Helpful
The noodles were great, I think I will cut down on the carrots next time, there was a lot left in the bowl after dinner.0 Helpful
lots of LO noodles! maybe add an egg in the morning?0 Helpful