Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Chard
Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Chard:
- Cheese, Fontina - 2 oz , grated (sub Swiss or gruyere)
- Shallots - 2 cloves , diced
- Chard - 1 bunch , chopped, stems and leaves separate
- Mushrooms, brown button - 8 oz , quartered (sub pre-sliced mushrooms)
- Gnocchi - 16 oz
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 3/4 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Cook gnocchi according to package instructions.
- While gnocchi cooks, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and then mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are dark golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes (don't rush this step - the mushrooms will develop more flavor the longer they cook). Add Italian seasoning and some salt and saute for 1 minute more.
- Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in shallots and chard stems and saute until shallots are soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour stock over mushrooms and stir in chard leaves. Simmer for 1 minute, until chard leaves are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in gnocchi and lemon juice. Season with some salt.
- Serve gnocchi with grated cheese over top. Enjoy!