Chicken with Mushrooms and Chard
with pan sauce
Chicken with Mushrooms and Chard:
- Shallots - 2 cloves , diced
- Chard - 1 bunch , chopped, stems and leaves separate
- Mushrooms, brown button - 8 oz , quartered (sub pre-sliced mushrooms)
- Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless - 1 1/2 lbs
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 3/4 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Heat a large skillet with cooking oil over medium heat. Add chicken thighs and cook on both sides until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes total. Set aside and return pan to heat.
- Add olive oil and then mushrooms to heated skillet. Saute until mushrooms are dark golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes (don't rush this step - the mushrooms will develop more flavor the longer they cook). Add Italian seasoning and some salt and saute for 1 minute more.
- Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in shallots and chard stems and saute until shallots are soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour stock over mushrooms and stir in chard leaves. Simmer for 1 minute, until chard leaves are tender.
- Add chicken back to pan and spoon mushrooms and chard over top. Leave on heat to let chicken warm back up, 1 minute more. Add lemon juice and season with some salt.
- Serve chicken with chard and mushrooms spooned over top. Enjoy!