Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Chard
- Shallots - 2 cloves, diced
- Chard - 1 bunch, chopped, stems and leaves separate
- Mushrooms, brown button - 8 oz, quartered (sub pre-sliced mushrooms)
- Gnocchi - 16 oz
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 3/4 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Cheese, feta - 3 oz, crumbled
- Cook gnocchi according to package instructions.
- While gnocchi cooks, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and then mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are dark golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes (don't rush this step - the mushrooms will develop more flavor the longer they cook). Add Italian seasoning and some salt and saute for 1 minute more.
- Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in shallots and chard stems and saute until shallots are soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour stock over mushrooms and stir in chard leaves. Simmer for 1 minute, until chard leaves are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in gnocchi and lemon juice. Season with some salt.
- Serve gnocchi with feta crumbled over top. Enjoy!
We really liked this recipe! We had chard to use from the garden and this turned out really well. Served with some garlic bread on the side0 Helpful
Just not a fan of chard. Will look for a good substitution next time.0 Helpful
Really enjoyed this one. We doubled the mushrooms and sauteed the gnocchi before adding the chard/shroom mix. Love it.0 Helpful
Surprisingly good! Used only 1/2 cup stock and added a splash of white wine. Also added some garlic. Delicious!0 Helpful
I accidentally used a prepackaged gnocchi that had cheese sauce that was pretty much ready to be consumed without additional ingredients but it turned out SO GOOD with the chard and mushrooms!0 Helpful