Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Chard
Potato dumplings (gnocchi) are a hearty base for this one-pan meal with chard and browned mushrooms. Sprinkle a bit of feta on top for a savory finish.
Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Chard:
- Shallots - 2 cloves , diced
- Chard - 1 bunch , chopped, stems and leaves separate
- Mushrooms, brown button - 8 oz , quartered (sub pre-sliced mushrooms)
- Gnocchi - 16 oz
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 3/4 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Cheese, feta - 3 oz , crumbled
- Shallots - Dice shallots. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chard / Mushrooms - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Cook gnocchi according to package instructions.
- While gnocchi cooks, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and then mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are dark golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes (don't rush this step - the mushrooms will develop more flavor the longer they cook). Add Italian seasoning and some salt and saute for 1 minute more.
- Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in shallots and chard stems and saute until shallots are soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour stock over mushrooms and stir in chard leaves. Simmer for 1 minute, until chard leaves are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in gnocchi and lemon juice. Season with some salt.
- Serve gnocchi with feta crumbled over top. Enjoy!