with broccoli in French vinaigrette
Smarts: For an added dimension, use flavored hummus here instead of plain.
- Tomatoes, large - 1, sliced
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Foil - for baking
- Bread, sandwich - 4 slices (a thick-sliced loaf is preferred; sub naan or pita)
- Hummus - 8 oz
- Cheese, shredded white cheddar - 4 oz (sub Swiss)
- Broccoli - 1 head, chopped
- Shallots - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine or sherry - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Turn on the oven's broiler. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Arrange bread on sheet pan. Spread each slice with hummus. Then top with tomato slices, then avocado slices and cheese. Place under broiler until cheese is bubbly and golden, 4 to 8 minutes.
- While hummus melts broil, place broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Chop shallots and mix with mustard, vinegar and some salt and pepper. Whisk in oil. Toss broccoli with vinaigrette.
- Serve hummus melts with broccoli on the side. Enjoy!
Replaced ham with bacon. Amazing meal!!0 Helpful
Chicken needed more flavor0 Helpful
Last time this was a little bland with Swiss and Thyme, so this time we used white cheddar and Italian seasoning which did the trick. Family members from <1, 2, and 4 all thoroughly enjoyed!!0 Helpful
A new favorite! We used to buy these from the freezer section but now we're making them from scratch.0 Helpful
this was good but it def took longer to cook than stated0 Helpful
This was so incredibly easy and absolutely delicious. I used a steamer bag for the broccoli to make sure it got soft enough.0 Helpful