Indian Butter Chicken
with cauliflower / peas / naan
- Garam masala - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander - 4 tsp
- Ginger, dried - 2 tsp
- Turmeric - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Onions, medium - 1, chopped
- Cauliflower - 1 head, chopped
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch, chopped
- Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, chopped
- Butter - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp (sub ghee)
- Tomatoes, crushed (28 oz / 794 g) - 1 can
- Half and half - 1/2 cup
- Peas, frozen - 2 cups
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/4 cup
- Naan - 4 rounds (sub pita or flatbread)
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add first part of butter and then chicken to melted butter. Saute until golden, ~3 to 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside (chicken doesn't need to be cooked through at this point).
- Return pan to heat and add second part of butter. Add onions and saute until tender, ~3 minutes. Add in garlic and a pinch of salt. Saute until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add in cauliflower and then spice mix. Saute for another minute or two before pouring in tomatoes and half and half. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Defrost peas in the microwave.
- Add in chicken and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook for another 5 to 7 minutes, until everything is cooked through. Stir in peas and cook until warmed, 1 minute more. Season to taste with some salt and more spices.
- Serve chicken with yogurt and cilantro and naan on the side. Enjoy!
So good! Even my 5 year old liked it (well, she didn't like the cauliflower)0 Helpful
Excellent! We didn’t have cauliflower, but we added potatoes and carrots.0 Helpful
Probably won't make this again. The ratios felt a bit off. Needed more spices and cream, less chunky veggies, to feel authentic. (Or veggies on the side, even better.)0 Helpful
Not at all what I expected based on the name... tasty and filling though!0 Helpful
Everyone enjoyed this.0 Helpful
Saw the comments so added extra spices and salt. Really delicious!0 Helpful