Parmesan Leek and Cauliflower Frittata
and green lettuce salad with radishes
Frittatas always get great reviews for being easy, healthy and great for weeknight dinners. This combination was previously featured in April 2015 and combines the flavors of sweet leeks, cauliflower and umami parmesan.
Smarts: Use frozen cauliflower for an easy shortcut - it's already prepped and cooked!
- Radishes - 4, thinly sliced
- Shallots - 1/2, diced
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Mixed greens, like romaine or butter lettuce mix - 5 oz
- Leeks, large - 2, white parts chopped
- Green onions - 3 stalks, chopped
- Cheese, parmesan - 3 oz, grated
- Eggs - 6
- Milk - 3 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Cauliflower, frozen florets - 8 oz, chopped (sub fresh cauliflower)
- Butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Sour cream - 1/4 cup
- Leeks / Green onions / Radishes / Cheese - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Eggs - Beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper. Fold in cheese.
- Make vinaigrette - If prepping right before cooking, skip to make steps and get frittata in the oven before coming back to this prep step. Dice shallots and whisk shallots with vinegar, mustard and cooking oil. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Cauliflower - If not using frozen cauliflower, chop into bite-sized pieces. Place into a microwave-safe container, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 1.5 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and then leeks and green onions with a sprinkle of salt to melted butter. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Next add cauliflower and saute until thawed (or another 3 minutes if using fresh).
- Pour in eggs. Stir until ingredients are all mixed through and then transfer to the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until eggs are set and inserted knife comes out cleanly.
- When frittata is done, toss vinaigrette with greens and radishes.
- Serve frittata slices with sour cream on top. Enjoy salad on the side!
I used packaged chopped cauliflower (rice) and it worked great. If making recipe for two and using a 10 in pan, cook time can be reduced to about only 10 minutes.0 Helpful
Rating only for the frittata, as we don't like radishes. Made exactly as described in a cast iron pan. Delicious and easy, our guests loved it!0 Helpful
The frittata is so good! Perfect amount of parmesan and pepper.0 Helpful
need to spice up the frittata--pretty bland with the cauliflower. Maybe broccoli next time?0 Helpful
Added a bit of salsa to the top instead of sour cream, which gave it a bit more moisture and a tangy/spicy flavor.0 Helpful
So fast!0 Helpful