Stuffed Portobellos with Tomato Pesto
and roasted green beans
- Sun-dried tomatoes in oil - 1/2 cup , drained and rinsed
- Garlic - 1 clove , peeled
- Pecan halves - 1/4 cup
- Cheese, parmesan (opt) - 2 Tbsp
- Arugula - 1/2 oz
- Oil, olive - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese, fontina - 2 oz , shredded (sub fresh mozzarella)
- Mushrooms, portobellos - 4 , stems removed
- Sun dried tomato pesto (ingredients listed separately) - 1/3 cup
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/4 cup
- Green beans - 1 lb , trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Almonds, slivered - 1/4 cup (sub pecans)
Make pesto - (Skip if pesto was made ahead on Monday.) Drain and rinse tomatoes. Peel garlic. Place all pesto ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until thickened. If it's not 'saucy' enough, add more oil or a splash of water. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made up to 5 days ahead)
Make mushroom filling - Grate cheese and combine with pesto. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
Green beans - Trim beans. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
Mushrooms - Remove stems. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
Toss green beans with oil and season with some salt and pepper. Spread beans out onto one side of a sheet pan. Place mushrooms onto second half of sheet pan (use two sheet pans if it won't fit easily). Brush mushrooms on both sides with some oil. Transfer pan to oven and roast until mushrooms are starting to soften, 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and fill mushrooms with pesto / cheese filling. Top with panko breadcrumbs, pressing breadcrumbs lightly into the filling. Return pan to oven and continue roasting until green beans are tender and cheese is melted, 10 to 12 minutes more.
Toss green beans with lemon juice and almonds.
Serve mushrooms with green beans on the side. Enjoy!