Green Curry Lentils
with kale and avocado
I really stretched my imagination for this one, but the result is something tasty, unique, and healthy all at the same time. But don't get sketched out by all the 'greenness.' Rich coconut milk and fragrant curry paste adds flavor to anything!
Green Curry Kale and Lentils:
- French / green lentils - 2 cups , dried
- Onions - 1 , diced
- Kale - 1 bunch , leaves removed, stems chopped
- Coconut milk - 1 can
- Green curry paste - 2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Vegetable broth - 2 cups
- Avocado - 1 , cubed
- Lime - 1/2 , juice of
- Lentils - Soak in 3x the amount of water overnight. (Should be done 1 day ahead. If you don't, cooking time will take longer and you should add 1 more cup (236 ml) of broth then recipe requires.)
- Onions / Kale - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Drain lentils. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Pour in coconut milk and whisk in curry paste. Next add onions and kale stems with some salt. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes, until softened but crunchy. Add in lentils, sugar, salt, and broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer until lentils are softened, ~15 minutes.
- While lentils are cooking, cube avocado.
- When lentils are cooked through, add in kale leaves and toss through until leaves are cooked. You might still have some excess liquid - that's fine, just consider it a curry sauce. Season to taste with salt and add in lime juice. Enjoy topped with avocado.