Garlic and Parsley Shrimp
with tomato & pepper rice
- Onions (small) - 1, diced
- Green pepper - 1, diced
- Red pepper - 1, diced
- Corn - 2 cobs, kernels shaved
- Thyme - 2 sprigs, leaves of
- White rice - 2 cups
- Tomato paste - 2 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1 1/2 tsp
- Chicken stock - 3 cups
- White wine - 3/4 cup
- Peas - 1 cup
- Basil - 1 sprig, leaves of
- Shrimp - 1 lb, shelled & deveined
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Parsley - 1/4 bunch, chopped
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1/2, juice of
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and then onions and peppers with a dash of salt. Saute for ~3 minutes.
- Then add in rice, tomato paste, paprika, and thyme. Stir to mix. Pour in stock and white wine, cover, and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and then cook until rice has absorbed all the liquid, ~15 to 20 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbs. (15 ml) cooking oil and then shrimp to heated oil. Saute until almost done, ~6 minutes. Toss in garlic and season to taste with more salt and pepper. Remove from heat when done and toss with parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season to taste with salt.
- Return to rice. Toss in corn and peas and cook for another 5 minutes. Turn off heat and add in basil leaves. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy with shrimp!
- If making lentils tomorrow night, don't forget to soak them tonight with 3x the amount of water.
Will add a little heat next time but really yummy0 Helpful
This was really good. I subbed chicken in place of the shrimp and black beans in place of the peas. Next time, I'm going to add some jalapenos or habaneros and use it for burrito filling.0 Helpful
This dish rocked. I left out the peas and added some hot sauce. So yummy!0 Helpful