Garlic and Parsley Shrimp
with tomato & pepper rice
Tomato & Pepper Rice:
- Onions (small) - 1 , diced
- Green pepper - 1 , diced
- Red pepper - 1 , diced
- Corn - 2 cobs , kernels shaved
- Thyme - 2 sprigs , leaves of
- White rice - 2 cups
- Tomato paste - 2 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1 1/2 tsp
- Chicken stock - 3 cups
- White wine - 3/4 cup
- Peas - 1 cup
- Basil - 1 sprig , leaves of
Garlic and Parsley Shrimp:
- Shrimp - 1 lb , shelled & deveined
- Garlic - 3 cloves , minced
- Parsley - 1/4 bunch , chopped
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1/2 , juice of
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and dry. Toss with a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- For shrimp: Garlic / Parsley - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- For rice: Onions / Peppers / Corn / Thyme - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Rice - Rinse until clear.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and then onions and peppers with a dash of salt. Saute for ~3 minutes.
- Then add in rice, tomato paste, paprika, and thyme. Stir to mix. Pour in stock and white wine, cover, and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and then cook until rice has absorbed all the liquid, ~15 to 20 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbs. (15 ml) cooking oil and then shrimp to heated oil. Saute until almost done, ~6 minutes. Toss in garlic and season to taste with more salt and pepper. Remove from heat when done and toss with parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season to taste with salt.
- Return to rice. Toss in corn and peas and cook for another 5 minutes. Turn off heat and add in basil leaves. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy with shrimp!
- If making lentils tomorrow night, don't forget to soak them tonight with 3x the amount of water.