Leftover Mojo Pork Stuffed Portobellos
with citrus and avocado salad
- Pickles, dill (opt) - 1/2 cup, sliced
- Mushrooms, portobellos - 8, stems removed
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 Tbsp
- Leftover Mojo pork (from Monday) - ~3 cups (sub sliced ham 2 slices / serving)
- Shallots - 1/2 clove, diced
- Oranges - 1, segments
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Lettuce, butterhead or Boston leaf (sub any mixed greens) - 1 head, leaves torn
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 3 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C. Place mushrooms onto a sheet pan and brush mushrooms with some oil. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, until mushrooms are starting to soften.
- Spoon mustard into insides of mushrooms. Top with pickle slices and then with leftover pork. Return pan to oven and continue cooking until mushrooms are very tender and pork is heated through, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Just before serving, combine shallots with vinegar, mustard and honey. Add oil while whisking. Toss oranges, avocados and lettuce in dressing.
- Serve mushrooms with salad on the side. Enjoy!
The sandwiches are good with avocado also!0 Helpful
LOVED these sandwiches!0 Helpful
Who doesn't love a good cubano?0 Helpful
Used provolone but still very tasty. Yes, heat meat up before hand.0 Helpful
I did these as open faced melts. Very yummy!0 Helpful
So good! Not the healthiest but will do again for a splurgey Friday night.0 Helpful