with pork and shiitake mushrooms
Singapore Noodles with Pork:
- Noodles, rice - 6 oz (sub spaghetti or soba)
- Pork chops, boneless - 1 lb , thinly sliced
- Curry powder, mild - 2 tsp
- Mushrooms, fresh shiitakes - 4 oz , sliced (look for pre-sliced; sub any brown variety)
- Green onions - 2 stalks , chopped, green and white parts separate
- Limes - 1/2 , wedges
- Mixed frozen vegetables - 2 cups (any mix including peas and carrots)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 2 tsp
Singapore Stir-Fry Sauce:
- Ginger, fresh (opt) - 1/2 tsp , grated
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Water - 5 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Sriracha - 2 tsp
- Cook noodles - Boil noodles according to package directions. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Pork - Thinly slice pork. Season with some salt, pepper and curry powder. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make stir-fry sauce - Grate ginger and chop garlic. Combine ginger, garlic, water, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar and Sriracha. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms / Green onions / Limes - Prep as directed and store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Frozen vegetables - Defrost in the microwave or by placing in a colander and running under warm water. Drain off any excess water.
- Heat a wok or nonstick pan with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add pork and saute until pork is golden brown and cooked through. Set pork aside and return pan to heat.
- Add sesame oil and then mushrooms to heated oil. Saute until golden brown and tender, ~2 minutes. Add white parts of green onions and mixed vegetables and saute for another minute.
- Pour stir-fry sauce over vegetables and simmer until sauce reduces slightly, ~1 minute. Remove pan from heat and stir in noodles and pork.
- Top noodles with green parts of green onions and serve with lime wedges. Add some extra Sriracha on top if you'd like. Enjoy!