Singapore Noodleswith pork and shiitake mushrooms
This noodle-based stir-fry with pork and vegetables gets bold flavor and its bright color thanks to the addition of mild curry powder.
- Noodles, rice - 6 oz (sub spaghetti or soba)
- Pork chops, boneless - 1 lb, thinly sliced
- Curry powder, mild - 2 tsp
- Mushrooms, fresh shiitakes - 4 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced; sub any brown variety)
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts separate
- Limes - 1/2, wedges
- Mixed frozen vegetables - 2 cups (any mix including peas and carrots)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 2 tsp
- Ginger, fresh (opt) - 1/2 tsp, grated
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Water - 5 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Sriracha - 2 tsp
- Cook noodles - Boil noodles according to package directions. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Pork - Thinly slice pork. Season with some salt, pepper and curry powder. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make stir-fry sauce - Grate ginger and chop garlic. Combine ginger, garlic, water, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar and Sriracha. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms / Green onions / Limes - Prep as directed and store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Frozen vegetables - Defrost in the microwave or by placing in a colander and running under warm water. Drain off any excess water.
- Heat a wok or nonstick pan with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add pork and saute until pork is golden brown and cooked through. Set pork aside and return pan to heat.
- Add sesame oil and then mushrooms to heated oil. Saute until golden brown and tender, ~2 minutes. Add white parts of green onions and mixed vegetables and saute for another minute.
- Pour stir-fry sauce over vegetables and simmer until sauce reduces slightly, ~1 minute. Remove pan from heat and stir in noodles and pork.
- Top noodles with green parts of green onions and serve with lime wedges. Add some extra Sriracha on top if you'd like. Enjoy!
This meal has 72 reviews
Really liked this one- it didn't need a lot of sauce, and was still flavorful. I used mostly spice powder on the pork with a dash or two of red curry. Bumped up the pasta slightly to 8 oz. and used a stirfry veg medley.
It was an easy meal and loaded with veggies
Absolutely delicious! Even better than I expected! Doubled the sauce as others recommended, left out mushrooms and sirracha, and let it cook together for a couple min after adding the noodles to soften them. I would say this is really a 3 serving meal.
The rice noodle package direction said to soak and then add to stirfry but they felt a little underdone. Stick with the boil
Politely disagree with other comments saying this needed more sauce. It came out spectacular! Used small udon noodles.
Wish I had doubled the sauce! I will make some more for our leftovers. Yum!