Fusilli with Roasted Tomatoes and Mushroomsand spinach / pine nuts / creamy feta sauce
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/2 cup
- Water - 4 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Lemons, zest - 1/2 tsp
- Pasta, fusilli - 8 oz
- Cauliflower florets - 12 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 1/2 cups, halved
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz, quartered
- Spinach, baby - 5 oz, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Nuts, pine - 4 Tbsp (sub pepitas or chopped pecans)
- Cook pasta - Double if making Thursday's meal. If prepping right before cooking, get vegetables roasting before continuing with prep. Bring a stock pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. Drain. If prepping ahead, toss with some olive oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cauliflower / Tomatoes / Mushrooms - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Spinach - Roughly chop spinach. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Toss cauliflower, tomatoes and mushrooms in cooking oil. Add Italian seasonings and a pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer vegetables to sheet pan and bake until mushrooms are golden brown, stirring halfway through cooking, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While vegetables roast, make sauce by crumbling feta and then combining it with yogurt, water, olive oil and lemon zest. Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth.
- If pasta was made ahead, reheat in the microwave or in a saute pan with some oil over medium heat. (Remember to reserve half if doubled for Thursday.) Heat feta sauce in the microwave just until warm and give it a stir.
- Toss pasta with chopped spinach (the warm pasta will cause the spinach to wilt a bit while still retaining its color and texture), roasted vegetables and feta sauce. Top with nuts and enjoy!
The household agreed that it probably would have been better with some crumbled bacon but otherwise it was pretty good!0 Helpful
Really good! Maybe double the sauce next time. -R0 Helpful
My first one star meal. This was very lemony and strangely sweet and bitter at the same time. My family did not care for this, but was unable to articulate why0 Helpful
Added oragano and garlic powder, good.0 Helpful
This the first one star review I've given. I really wanted to like it but way too much spinach (baby kale) and not a fan of the sauce -- I am here declaring myself not a fan of feta cheese. Had a lot of sauce leftover, too.0 Helpful
This was very good the first night. Unfortunately, it was not great reheated, too dry.0 Helpful