Indian Lettuce Wraps with Leftover Meatballs
side salad with paprika vinaigrette
Our leftover Indian meatballs from Tuesday make a great lettuce wrap filling. Garnished with a carrot slaw, jalapenos, cilantro, and a drizzle of our leftover masala sauce, these will look like they were created by a professional caterer!
- Carrots, medium - 2
- Apple cider vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Red wine vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1/4 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Cucumbers - 1/2, sliced
- Mixed greens - 4 oz
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup, leaves torn from stems
- Jalapeno - 1, sliced thinly
- Green lettuce leaves - 8
- Leftover tikka masala sauce (from Tue) - 1/2 cup
- Leftover Indian meatballs (from Tue) - 8, sliced in half
- Limes - 1, sliced into wedges
- Carrot slaw - Grate carrots using a food processor, box grater, or julienne peeler. Toss with apple cider vinegar, honey, coriander, cumin, and salt. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Cilantro / Jalapenos - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Lettuce - Break off leaves. Wash and dry.
- Warm up leftover tikka masala sauce - Warm up in the microwave if desired, 20 to 30 seconds should do. (Remember to cover to prevent spattering!)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together red wine vinegar, paprika, honey, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cucumbers - Prep as directed.
- Slice meatballs in half and lightly warm up meatballs in the microwave.
- Make 2 lettuce wraps / serving. Fill each lettuce leaf with 2 meatball halves, carrot slaw, cilantro leaves, sliced jalapenos and drizzle with leftover tikka masala sauce. Serve with lime wedges.
- Toss vinaigrette with cucumbers and greens (and leftover carrot slaw if you have any). Enjoy Indian meatball lettuce wraps with side salad.
Loved this!!!! Almost better than the meatballs were last night. Added green onions to the salad and used balsamic instead of red wine vinegar and honey. The carrot slaw makes the sandwich.0 Helpful
I loved this! I thought it was such a great use of leftovers - just different enough to be exciting.0 Helpful
Huge hit in my house! A great use of paneer.0 Helpful
Did not use jalapeno, the dish had plenty of flavor.0 Helpful
The carrot slaw was wonderful. Loved this recipe.0 Helpful
Used queso fresco. Yummy!0 Helpful