Sriracha Zoodle Salad
with chicken, carrots and broccoli
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Coconut aminos - 3 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 3 Tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 1 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 6 Tbsp
- Chicken breasts - 2, halved
- Carrots - 2, grated
- Broccoli - 1 head, chopped
- Cilantro, fresh - 4 Tbsp, chopped
- Zucchini (medium-sized) - 4, spiralized into noodles
- Lime - 1/2, juice of
- Sriracha - to taste
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Make marinade - Whisk together honey, aminos, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and cooking oil.
- Chicken - Halve chicken and cover in half the marinade. Tenderize with a fork. Marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Carrots / Broccoli - Prep as directed. Place broccoli in a microwave-safe container, cover with a wet paper towel, and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, until broccoli is tender but still crunchy. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Cilantro - Prep as directed. Cilantro can be combined with carrots. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Zucchini - Turn zucchini into 'noodles' with a spiralizer.
- ‘Cook’ zucchini noodles - Place a microwave-safe colander into a large bowl (or really, just use your salad spinner without the top). Add in spiralized noodles and microwave 1 minute at a time for 3 to 4 minutes, until it reaches a tender but crunchy consistency. If any liquids release during cooking, they'll drain out of the colander into the bowl so the noodles don't become soggy. Use scissors to snip up noodles into more bite-sized pieces.
- If making chicken on the grill: Preheat grill to 500 degrees, keeping one part on higher heat and another part on lower heat. Clean grates and add chicken breast halves to higher heat part. Sear on each side for ~3 minutes (keeping cover closed). Move to lower heat and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through) with cover closed.
- If making chicken on the stovetop: Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to hot grill pan and sear for ~3 minutes on both sides. Lower heat and then cover with foil, cooking for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rest chicken for ~5 minutes. Slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss remainder of marinade with zucchini noodles, carrots, broccoli, cilantro and chopped chicken. Finish with lime juice. Season to taste with Sriracha, salt and pepper.
Reduced the oil by half and used roasted broccoli in place of green beans. Yum!0 Helpful
A tad much oil, but it wasn't too bad -- helped the noodles not stick. Instead of tofu I used shitake mushrooms, and it turned out great. Tasty, easy meal.0 Helpful
Good! I cut the oil in half.0 Helpful
Much better than I thought, given the ingredients are fairly plain.0 Helpful
WAY too much oil in the marinade!0 Helpful
This one is a keeper!0 Helpful