Sriracha Ramen Saladwith chicken, carrots and broccoli
This ramen noodle salad is perfect for colder weather. Veggies, chicken and ramen are all tossed in a tasty Asian vinaigrette for a simple and colorful dinner to start your Monday!
- Brown sugar - 2 tsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 3 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 3 Tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 1 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 6 Tbsp
- Chicken breasts - 2, halved
- Carrots - 2, grated
- Broccoli - 1 head, chopped
- Cilantro, fresh - 4 Tbsp, chopped
- Ramen noodles - 6 oz
- Lime - 1/2, juice of
- Sriracha - to taste
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Make marinade - Whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and cooking oil.
- Chicken - Halve chicken and cover in half the marinade. Tenderize with a fork. Marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Carrots / Broccoli - Prep as directed. Place broccoli in a microwave-safe container, cover with a wet paper towel, and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, until broccoli is tender but still crunchy. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Cilantro - Prep as directed. Cilantro can be combined with carrots. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Cook ramen - Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add ramen (or other noodles). Cook according to package instructions. Drain. Use scissors to snip up ramen into shorter more bite-sized pieces. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- If making chicken on the grill: Preheat grill to 500 degrees, keeping one part on higher heat and another part on lower heat. Clean grates and add chicken breast halves to higher heat part. Sear on each side for ~3 minutes (keeping cover closed). Move to lower heat and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through) with cover closed.
- If making chicken on the stovetop: Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to hot grill pan and sear for ~3 minutes on both sides. Lower heat and then cover with foil, cooking for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rest chicken for ~5 minutes. Slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss remainder of marinade with ramen, carrots, broccoli, cilantro and chopped chicken. Finish with lime juice. Season to taste with Sriracha, salt and pepper.
A tad much oil, but it wasn't too bad -- helped the noodles not stick. Instead of tofu I used shitake mushrooms, and it turned out great. Tasty, easy meal.0 Helpful
Good! I cut the oil in half.0 Helpful
Much better than I thought, given the ingredients are fairly plain.0 Helpful
WAY too much oil in the marinade!0 Helpful
This one is a keeper!0 Helpful
Very tasty!0 Helpful