Ham and Cheese Frittata
with spinach, orange, pomegranate seed salad
- Bell peppers, any color - 1/2, diced
- Ham, deli-sliced - 4 oz, chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Cheese, shredded Mexican blend - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 4 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Oranges - 1, peeled and sliced into wedges
- Spinach, baby - 5 oz (sub other salad greens)
- Pomegranate seeds - 1/4 cup (look for these already removed from their shell in the refrigerated produce section)
- Almonds, sliced - 1/4 cup
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C. (Note: If making more or less than 4 servings, consider making mini frittatas in a muffin pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.)
- Heat 9" to 10" (22.5 to 25cm) skillet over medium heat. Add cooking oil and then bell peppers to heated oil. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes. Stir in ham.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables (if making in a muffin tin, transfer vegetables to muffin tin and then pour egg mixture over top). Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes (12 to 15 minutes for muffin tin frittatas), until a knife comes out clean.
- While frittata cooks, whisk together vinegar, maple syrup and mustard. Whisk while adding olive oil. Slice oranges into segments.
- Just before serving, toss vinaigrette with orange segments, spinach, pomegranate seeds and almonds.
- Slice frittata and serve with yogurt on top. Enjoy with salad on the side.
We made some extra brussels sprouts with this (they needed to be used up), and they complemented the frittata really well0 Helpful
This wasn't bad, but I think 20 minutes in the oven is too long. Mine turned out somewhat dry.0 Helpful
So hungry afterwards0 Helpful
Replaced 4 of the eggs with egg whites and added hot sauce.0 Helpful
Liked the simplicity, but surprisingly wasn't very flavorful. I think I'd add onions next time.0 Helpful
Flavors were kind of bland and the salad a bit too sweet. Liked the muffin tin suggestion.0 Helpful