Tomato Braised White Beans & Mushrooms over Polenta
with mixed green salad
- Polenta, pre-cooked - 16 oz, sliced into 1/4" / 0.6cm thick pieces ((usually found in a tube))
- Onions - 1, diced
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Mushrooms, cremini - 12 oz, sliced
- Cannellini beans (14oz / 397g) - 1 can
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Red wine (opt) - 6 Tbsp
- Crushed tomatoes (14oz / 397g) - 1 can
- Stock, chicken - 1/4 cup
- Italian seasonings - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Rosemary (opt) - 1 sprig
- Paprika - 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar, sherry - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, dijon - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Salad greens, any type - 4 oz
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Spread polenta out onto a foil-lined sheet pan. Brush both sides with some oil (not listed) and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping once midway through.
- While polenta bakes, heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add cooking oil and then onions and garlic to heated oil with some salt. Saute until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Then fold in mushrooms and red wine and saute until red wine is evaporated. (If not using red wine, saute for 2 to 3 minutes.)
- Next add crushed tomatoes, chicken stock, Italian seasonings, sugar and rosemary sprig (if using). Saute for another 4 to 6 minutes.
- Fold in beans and saute until mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt, pepper or more Italian seasonings.
- Toss greens with vinaigrette. Serve mushrooms and beans over polenta and enjoy with greens on the side.
Love this.0 Helpful
I wish I'd give the polenta a salting before roasting. It was hard to taste and I love polenta.0 Helpful
The polenta stuck to the foil but other than that it was delicious and hearty and EASY.0 Helpful
Used corn meal instead of the polenta tube; super fast. This part worked, but the rest was a bit meh. Sorry, needed meat. Have a ton of sauce left; will add sausage and salvage it into a pizza.0 Helpful
DH thought it was just ok, but I loved it!0 Helpful
Loved the mushrooms but this isn't very exciting.0 Helpful