Green Curry Noodle Soupwith chicken and broccoli
Finish up our coconut milk from earlier this week in this comforting green curry noodle soup. Filled with tender chicken and crunchy broccoli and sprouts, this is a winning weeknight combination. If you can't find rice noodles and just find them tough to work with, sub any type of noodle.
- Chicken breasts, skinless & boneless - 1 lb, sliced
- Fish sauce - 1 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp + 1 Tbsp
- Broccoli - 1 lb, chopped
- Noodles, flat rice - 8 oz ((sub any Asian noodle or fettucine))
- Baby corn - 5 oz
- Oil, cooking - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Green curry paste - 2 Tbsp
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Stock, chicken - 4 cups
- Mung bean sprouts - 4 oz
- Limes - 1/2, sliced into wedges
- Marinate chicken - Slice chicken breasts into 1/2” / 1.3cm thick pieces. Toss with first parts of fish sauce and brown sugar and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Broccoli - Chop into bite-sized pieces. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Noodles - Prep noodles according to package instructions.
- Baby corn - Drain and rinse.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and then chicken (and all the marinade) to heated oil. Cook until golden on the outside, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate, leaving any juices behind.
- Add broccoli to wok and toss until broccoli soaks up all the chicken juices. Next add second parts of brown sugar and fish sauce, plus curry paste, coconut milk and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and then add baby corn, mung bean sprouts and chicken to broth. Remove from heat.
- Divide noodles into bowls. Then ladle broth over noodles. Serve with lime wedges!
Amazing. Would make a little more broth next time, possibly just add extra coconut milk. The soup was delicious without, but even BETTER with Sriracha and lime to serve. We skipped the sprouts, but I would definitely try them next time if we could find them fresh. - Tried the veg version, it was definitely not as good. WAY too much carrot flavor.0 Helpful
Didn't use tofu or sprouts; delicious!0 Helpful
My husband and I didn't think this had a ton of flavor. Maybe I did something wrong.0 Helpful
Another great dish. I learned from the first curry dish earlier in the week so I halved the curry.0 Helpful
This meal was a big hit. My son loved it.0 Helpful
This was really tasty and also super easy!0 Helpful