Curry Baked Salmon
with curried coconut kale
- Stevia - 1/4 tsp
- Green curry paste - 1 Tbsp
- Fish sauce - 1 Tbsp
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Stock, chicken - 1/2 cup
- Salmon - 1 1/2 lbs
- Green curry sauce (ingredients listed separately) - 4 Tbsp + 6 Tbsp
- Limes - 1/2, sliced into wedges
- Kale - 1 bunch, leaves torn into bite-sized pieces
- Bell peppers, red, large - 1, sliced thinly
- Green curry sauce (ingredients listed separately) - 3/4 cup
- Limes - 1/2, juice of
- Make curry sauce - Combine and heat Stevia, curry paste, fish sauce, coconut milk and chicken stock in a small saucepan. Simmer for ~3 minutes. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Kale - Tear leaves into bite-sized pieces. Discard stems. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Red peppers - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- We’ll be baking our fish in a foil fish packet, so tear two sheets of foil that will be large enough to fit fish. Place one sheet of foil onto a sheet pan and then fish on top of foil. Sprinkle fish with some salt and pepper and then drizzle with first part of green curry sauce (portion for the salmon). Cover with second sheet of foil and roll up the sides to form a sealed packet.
- Bake fish for 10 to 15 minutes depending on thickness of salmon.
- While salmon bakes, heat up a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add green curry sauce (portion for the kale). When sauce is simmering, add red peppers and saute for 3 to 4 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. Add kale and cook until greens are wilted, another 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and finish with lime juice.
- Serve salmon with second part of curry sauce, lime wedges and veggies on the side.
LOVED this and can’t wait to make it again! Don’t skip the lime - it really adds a lot to the dish (that distinctive sourness of some Thai soups/sauces). We couldn’t find bean sprouts so just went heavier on the kale and it was perfect.0 Helpful
I really loved this. I used red curry paste because my supermarket was out of green and it still came out delicious.0 Helpful
Used red instead of green curry since that's what I had in the fridge. The kale with curry sauce was amazing.0 Helpful
We had this salmon and curry sauce with a side of steamed broccoli instead of the kale (we just drizzled the sauce over the broccoli, rice, and salmon to serve). Very tasty and easy to make. Will refer back to it and make it again!0 Helpful
Husband asked, What's in this kale? It's good.0 Helpful
I wanted to love this, but I didn't. Maybe I should have used regular coconut milk. I doubled the curry paste and added more fish sauce and salt, but it was still bland.0 Helpful