Herb Baked Eggs
with toast / apple, sweet potato and kale salad
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Parsley (opt) - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Baguette, small - 1, sliced
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Eggs - 8
- Sweet potatoes, small - 1, julienne
- Apples, any variety - 1, julienne
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Kale, baby - 5 oz
- Almonds, slivered or sliced (sub peanuts) - 1/4 cup
- Garlic / Cilantro / Parsley - Prep as directed and combine for garlic herb mixture. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Sweet potatoes - Julienne sweet potatoes (video is for fruit, but slice sweet potatoes into small matchsticks as show in the video). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead.
- Apples - Julienne apples. If not using right away, toss with a bit of lemon juice (not in ingredients list) to prevent them from turning brown.
- Baguette - Slice baguette.
- Heat oven to 400F (204C).
- Brush the inside of 4 ramekins (for 4 servings; adjust if customizing) with some cooking oil and place them on a sheet pan. (Note: Each ramekin should hold 2 eggs. If you prefer, you can also use a well-greased muffin tin and cook each egg in its own space in the tin.)
- Divide butter between ramekins and transfer sheet pan to heated oven. Bake until butter is melted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle garlic / herb mixture over melted butter. Crack eggs over garlic and herbs. Season the top of eggs with some salt and pepper.
- Return pan to oven and continue baking until egg whites are set and yolks are still slightly runny, 8 to 10 minutes.
- While eggs bake, heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then sweet potato to heated oil with a pinch of salt. Saute until tender and golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. Toss kale, apples, sweet potatoes and almonds in dressing. Top the salad with some black pepper.
- When eggs are nearly finished, add baguette slices to oven (place them on the sheet pan with eggs or directly on an oven rack) and cook until toasted.
- Serve eggs with toast. Enjoy salad on the side!
Salad was great! We aren't big fans of pork, and there was maybe too much soy sauce in this? Not exactly sure, but we didn't love the glaze.0 Helpful
Not too bad. Probably won’t make again.0 Helpful
Eggs were quite easy and delicious. Would definitely make this again.0 Helpful
This was great! Next time I'll do it with thicker pork chops and double the sauce.0 Helpful
Really liked the salad0 Helpful
Cook the sauce in sauce pan to thicken and reduce before adding to porkchop.0 Helpful