Roasted Tilapia and Carrot & Zucchini Hash
with roasted red pepper sauce
Broiled Tilapia with Red Pepper Sauce:
- Tilapia - 4 fillets
- Homemade roasted red pepper sauce - 1/2 cup ((ingredients listed separately))
- Lemons - 1/2 , sliced into wedges
Sauted Zucchini & Carrot Hash:
- Garlic - 2 cloves , minced
- Carrots - 3 , grated
- Zucchini - 3 , grated
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Homemade roasted red pepper sauce - 2 Tbsp to 1/4 cup
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Roasted red peppers - 1 ((buy jarred pre-roasted))
- Balsamic vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- Fish - Rinse and dry fish. Salt & pepper.
- Garlic (for sauce) - Peel clove. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Garlic (for sauted veggies) - Mince. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Carrots / Zucchini - Grate in a food processor (or box grater). Keep the two grated vegetables separated though. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead).
- Place all roasted red pepper sauce ingredients in a blender or in a container for immersion blender. Blend and then season to taste with salt.
- Oven directions for fish: Position top rack of the oven so it's about 6" (15 cm) below broiler. Turn on broiler to pre-heat. Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking oil. Place fish on foil, and broil for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stovetop directions for fish: Heat up a skillet over medium-high heat and then add cooking oil. Add fish seasoned side down to heated oil. Sear for ~3 minutes on each side. Lower heat to medium, cover with lid or foil and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, until fish is flaky.
- After protein is done (if you can handle multiple pans cooking, you can do this at the same time as protein), heat a saute pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then garlic to heated oil. Once you can smell the garlic, add the carrots with a dash of salt. Saute for about 2 minutes and then add zucchini. Saute for another 2 to 3 minutes to your desired level of crunchiness.
- Enjoy both your fish and vegetables with roasted red pepper sauce and lemon wedges.