Roasted Tilapia and Carrot & Zucchini Hash
with roasted red pepper sauce
What separates average home cooks and great home cooks is knowing how to accessorize your meals. Tonight we dress up simple roasted tilapia and sauted vegetables with a roasted red pepper sauce, which adds depth and punch to anything you drizzle it on.
Broiled Tilapia with Red Pepper Sauce:
- Tilapia - 4 fillets
- Homemade roasted red pepper sauce - 1/2 cup ((ingredients listed separately))
- Lemons - 1/2 , sliced into wedges
Sauted Zucchini & Carrot Hash:
- Garlic - 2 cloves , minced
- Carrots - 3 , grated
- Zucchini - 3 , grated
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Homemade roasted red pepper sauce - 2 Tbsp to 1/4 cup
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Roasted red peppers - 1 ((buy jarred pre-roasted))
- Balsamic vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- Fish - Rinse and dry fish. Salt & pepper.
- Garlic (for sauce) - Peel clove. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Garlic (for sauted veggies) - Mince. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Carrots / Zucchini - Grate in a food processor (or box grater). Keep the two grated vegetables separated though. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead).
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Place all roasted red pepper sauce ingredients in a blender or in a container for immersion blender. Blend and then season to taste with salt.
- Oven directions for fish: Position top rack of the oven so it's about 6" (15 cm) below broiler. Turn on broiler to pre-heat. Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking oil. Place fish on foil, and broil for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stovetop directions for fish: Heat up a skillet over medium-high heat and then add cooking oil. Add fish seasoned side down to heated oil. Sear for ~3 minutes on each side. Lower heat to medium, cover with lid or foil and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, until fish is flaky.
- After protein is done (if you can handle multiple pans cooking, you can do this at the same time as protein), heat a saute pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then garlic to heated oil. Once you can smell the garlic, add the carrots with a dash of salt. Saute for about 2 minutes and then add zucchini. Saute for another 2 to 3 minutes to your desired level of crunchiness.
- Enjoy both your fish and vegetables with roasted red pepper sauce and lemon wedges.