Pulled Pork 'Hawaiian' Style Salad
with pineapple, carrots, and tomatoes
We're taking our leftover pulled pork to the tropics in this flavorful (and colorful) salad. There is sweetness, crunch, spice, and tang. Best of all, it'll be quick and easy with leftover pork. If you didn't make last night's pulled pork, then just sub bacon or ham. Since it's not pineapple season, use canned or frozen.
- Green onions - 2 stalks, sliced
- Pineapple - 8 oz, chopped
- Carrots, medium - 2, grated
- Tomatoes - 8 oz, chopped
- Jalapenos - 1, sliced ((remove seeds for less heat))
- Romaine lettuce - 8 oz, sliced or chopped
- Leftover pulled pork (from Mon) - 2 cups
- Apple cider vinegar - 3 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Dijon mustard - 1 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 1/4 cup
- If you want to enjoy pulled pork warmed, lightly warm it with some water in a saucepan or warm up in the microwave.
- Whisk together apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, Djion mustard, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss vinaigrette with green onions, pineapple, carrots, tomatoes, jalapenos, and romaine. Top with pulled pork and enjoy!
I made the paleo version so it was a salad and it was delicious! I loved the flavors!0 Helpful
Make sure you really crisp up that crust before topping it. I'd even recommend that after adding the toppings, you bake it directly on the lowest oven rack to prevent the crust getting overly soggy.0 Helpful
Next time would skip the salad. Yes, I'm bad!0 Helpful
This was mostly a fail but my fault. For starters the pizza crust I made was the worst I have done (note to self do but rush it when making dough) Then I put way to much sauce which I did while rushing to make it.. I think this would have benefited with cheese but my husband has allergies so I skipped it. I heard others loved the pizza so I blame it on me for this one. The salad was awesome and I enjoyed the dressing. I never thought about putting pineapple in a salad before.0 Helpful
We also used BBQ in the sauce, it was so good. We loved the dressing on the salad, also subbed homemade pickles jalapeños and it cooled them a bit0 Helpful
Used swiss instead of mozzarella. Turned out great!0 Helpful