Kale and White Bean Soup
with ground turkey
- Thyme, fresh leaves - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Onions, medium - 1/2, diced
- Kale - 3 leaves, leaves torn, stems chopped
- Carrots - 1/2 lb, peeled and thinly sliced
- Beans, cannellini or white (14oz / 397g) - 1 can
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Ground turkey, lean - 1 lb
- Diced tomatoes (14oz / 397g) - 1 can
- Stock, chicken - 4 cups
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1/2, sliced into wedges
- Heat a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then ground turkey, thyme, garlic, onions, and kale stems to heated oil with some salt. Break up turkey with a wooden spoon and brown meat for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and carrots and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, cover and bring to a boil. Simmer until carrots are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Fold in kale leaves and white beans. Cook until kale is tender.
- Add soy sauce and season with more salt or soy sauce as needed. Ladle into separate bowls and serve with lemon wedges.
Pre chopped kale made this easy to pull together! We didn't feel like the tomatoes added much to the soup, I also added some Italian seasoning to get more flavor.0 Helpful
The carrots made it sweeter than I prefer, so I added some BBQ rub spice mix and it came out incredible.0 Helpful
This recipe is very similar to another soup I've made, main difference is that you finish with balsamic vinegar and grated Parmesan instead of soy sauce and lemon.0 Helpful
I'm always a sucker for a one-pot meal. This was super easy, and it was warm and filling on a cold night! Used baby kale because that's what I had on hand and less prep than chopping up big leaves.0 Helpful
Super easy and delicious. My 3-year-old loved it.0 Helpful
I made the recipe for 8, but used turkey for 4. Also had zucchini to use so added that. It was very good!0 Helpful