Kale and White Bean Soup
with ground turkey
This simple, healthy soup packs a ton of flavor that everyone will be asking for seconds. Save some for the next day - the flavors will build even more!
Kale and White Bean Soup with Turkey:
- Thyme, fresh leaves - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 2 cloves , minced
- Onions, medium - 1/2 , diced
- Kale - 3 leaves , leaves torn, stems chopped
- Carrots - 1/2 lb , peeled and thinly sliced
- Beans, cannellini or white (14oz / 397g) - 1 can
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Ground turkey, lean - 1 lb
- Diced tomatoes (14oz / 397g) - 1 can
- Stock, chicken - 4 cups
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1/2 , sliced into wedges
- Thyme / Garlic / Onions / Kale / Carrots - Prep as directed. For kale, tear leaves into bite-sized pieces and chop stems as thinly as possible. Store thyme, garlic, onions, and kale stems together. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then ground turkey, thyme, garlic, onions, and kale stems to heated oil with some salt. Break up turkey with a wooden spoon and brown meat for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and carrots and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, cover and bring to a boil. Simmer until carrots are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Fold in kale leaves and white beans. Cook until kale is tender.
- Add soy sauce and season with more salt or soy sauce as needed. Ladle into separate bowls and serve with lemon wedges.