with squash saute / salsa / guacamole
Cajun seasoning gives these chicken tenders big, bold flavor. Serve them with a salsa and guacamole for dipping.
- Shallots - 1 clove, chopped
- Jalapenos - 1/2, chopped
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Avocados - 2, mashed
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 1/2 lb, chopped
- Cajun seasoning - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Salsa, store-bought (choose your fave) - 1/2 cup
- Bell peppers - 1/2, chopped
- Onions, red - 1/2, chopped
- Squash, summer (sub zucchini or use a combination) - 1 lb, cubed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, sherry - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Chicken breasts - Chop chicken. Tenderize with a fork and then season with Cajun seasoning. (Note: if your Cajun seasoning mix does not contain salt, add some salt). (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Bell peppers / Onions / Shallots / Jalapenos - Prep as directed. Store bell peppers and onions in one container. Combine shallots and jalapenos. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Squash Prep as directed and store. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Guacamole - Chop cilantro. Mash avocados and combine with shallots, jalapenos and cilantro. Season with lime juice and some salt and pepper.
- Heat a large wok or nonstick pan with oil (the portion for the chicken) over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Set chicken aside and cover with foil to keep warm. Return pan to heat.
- To heated pan, add oil (the portion for the squash) and then squash and vinegar. Saute squash until tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and onions and continue to saute until onions are tender, ~2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken with guacamole and salsa. Enjoy with squash on the side.
We loved the cajun tofu! Great flavors, filling meal.0 Helpful
Made with rice as quinoa is a bit pricey. Very yummy.0 Helpful
Delicious, but not super filling.0 Helpful
Good and reasonably flavorful. Not a fan of the directions that say chopped for veg. Would prefer more specifics like diced or give an indication of size. Thanks!0 Helpful
So great! Packed with protein!0 Helpful
Super easy, especially since I made the quinoa and prepped the veggies over the weekend. Will keep the quinoa mixture in mind as a simple, delicious side dish on it's own. I thinned the yogurt sauce with some milk to make it drizzle better.0 Helpful