with black bean quinoa / lemon yogurt
Cajun seasoning gives tofu big, bold flavor. Serve the tofu over a vegetable-loaded quinoa with creamy lemon yogurt.
- Tofu, extra firm (vacuum packed preferable) - 16 oz, 1" / 2.5cm cubes
- Cajun seasoning - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/3 cup
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Quinoa, uncooked - 2/3 cup
- Stock, any type - 1 1/3 cup
- Bell peppers - 1/2, chopped
- Onions, red - 1/2, chopped
- Zucchini, medium - 1, chopped
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Corn kernels - 1/2 cup
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, sherry - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Tofu - If tofu is packaged in water, press out liquid first. Slice into 1" / 2.5cm cubes. Toss with Cajun seasoning. (Note: if your Cajun seasoning does not contain salt, add some salt.) (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make quinoa - Combine quinoa with stock and a pinch of salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat when finished to prevent burning / sticking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make yogurt sauce - Whisk together yogurt, honey, paprika and lemon zest. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers / Onions - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Zucchini - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Beans and corn - Combine beans and corn in a colander and run under warm water to rinse beans and defrost corn.
- Heat a large wok or nonstick pan with oil (the portion for the tofu) over medium-high heat. Add tofu and saute until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Set tofu aside and cover with foil to keep warm. Return pan to heat.
- To heated pan, add oil (the portion for the quinoa) and then zucchini and vinegar. Saute zucchini until tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and onions and continue to saute until onions are tender, ~2 minutes more.
- Stir in black beans and corn. Add quinoa and continue cooking until quinoa is warm.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve tofu over quinoa with sauce drizzled over top. Enjoy!
The yogurt sauce is key.0 Helpful
Added a bit of mayo and lemon juice to the guacamole, would have added bacon too but we didn't have any. Soooo good.0 Helpful
Mixed hot sauce in with Cajun seasoning very nice0 Helpful
Cajun too spicy for kids, no one ate the quinoa (even though they like quinoa), and the chicken was dry.0 Helpful
This was better than expected! The sauce was weird on its own, but went well with everything.0 Helpful
Combined chicken, yogurt sauce, and black bean and veggie quinoa in large skillet. We liked it and so did our guests.0 Helpful