Bell Pepper, Sweet Potato and Onion Frittata
with side salad
- Paprika - 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup
- Mixed greens - 5 oz
- Sweet potatoes, medium - 1, peeled and cubed
- Bell peppers - 1/2, chopped
- Onions, red - 1/2, chopped
- Eggs - 6
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Salsa, store-bought (choose your fave) - 1/4 cup
- Sweet potatoes / Bell peppers / Onions - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk paprika, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup and cooking oil (the portion for the vinaigrette) together. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes - Slice tomatoes in half. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Place sweet potatoes into a microwave-safe pan or bowl. Cover with wet paper towel and microwave on high until tender, ~ 3 minutes.
- Heat 9” to 10” (22.5 to 25cm) skillet over medium heat (skillet size is based on 4 servings - you may need a smaller or larger skillet if you're customizing). Add cooking oil (the portion for the frittata) and then onions and bell peppers to heated oil. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and stir gently to combine. Season with chili powder, cumin and some salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the veggies. Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a knife comes out clean.
- Just before serving, toss tomatoes and lettuce in paprika vinaigrette.
- Slice frittata into wedges and serve with salsa. Enjoy with salad on the side.
The whole family loved it. Added bacon. Left the onions and peppers on the side to add if wanted. Also made on a griddle so they were all done at the same time.0 Helpful
A bit bland...0 Helpful
So easy and delicious! Don't know why we've never thought to make this before. Favourited!0 Helpful
Tasted bland to me for whatever reason. Also made me wish there was some bacon involved in cooking it.0 Helpful
My son loved the plain jane version of this.0 Helpful
Quick, easy, and tasty.0 Helpful