with side salad
Side Salad with Paprika-Spiced Vinaigrette:
- Paprika - 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup
- Mixed greens - 5 oz
- Jalapenos (opt) - 1/2 , chopped
- Bell peppers - 1/2 , chopped
- Onions, red - 1/2 , chopped
- Eggs - 6
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tortillas, gluten-free corn and taco-sized - 8
- Cheese, shredded mozzarella (sub any pre-shredded blend) - 8 oz
- Salsa, store-bought (choose your fave) - 1/4 cup
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/4 cup
- Jalapenos / Bell peppers / Onions - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk paprika, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup and cooking oil (the portion for the vinaigrette) together. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes - Slice tomatoes in half. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil (the portion for the quesadillas) and then jalapenos, bell peppers and onions to heated oil. Saute until tender, ~4 minutes.
- Pour eggs over vegetables and reduce heat to medium. Scramble eggs until they are firm enough to scoop up with a spoon but are not fully cooked, 2 to 3 minutes (the eggs will finish cooking inside the quesadillas). Transfer eggs to a bowl and wipe out pan. Return pan to heat (or use a new pan if the first pan is too dirty).
- Place a tortilla in the pan, top it with a heaping spoonful of egg mixture, then cheese and then another tortilla. When the tortilla on the bottom is golden brown and crisp, flip the quesadilla and cook on the other side until golden brown and crisp. Continue with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Just before serving, toss tomatoes and lettuce in paprika vinaigrette.
- Slice quesadillas into wedges and serve with salsa and yogurt. Enjoy with salad on the side.