Ginger Apricot Glazed Chickenwith fig and Swiss cheese salad
- Apricots, dried - 6, chopped
- Ginger - 1/2 tsp, grated
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 tsp
- Sugar, brown - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 tsp
- Stock, any variety - 1/2 cup
- Wine, white (sub stock) - 1/4 cup
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 2, halved and pounded thin
- Flour - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Cheese, Swiss - 3 oz, cubed
- Figs (sub grapes, using 4x more than listed) - 4, quartered
- Mixed greens - 4 oz
- Almonds, slivered - 1/4 cup
- Make vinaigrette - (Skip if already made for Monday’s meal.) Whisk together vinegar, maple syrup, mustard and olive oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Apricots / Ginger / Cheese - Prep as directed. Combine apricots and ginger in one container. Store cheese separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make apricot glaze - Combine apricots, ginger, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, stock and white wine. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Chicken breasts - Halve chicken breasts. Place parchment paper over breasts and pound with a tenderizer, until breasts are about 1/2” / 1.25cm thick. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Figs - Quarter figs.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium heat.
- Coat each piece of chicken in flour mixture, shaking off any excess flour. Place chicken in heated oil and cook on both sides until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Set chicken aside and return pan to heat. Add apricot glaze and bring to a simmer. Simmer, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan, until sauce thickens slightly, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken back to pan and turn to coat in glaze. Continue cooking in glaze until cooked through, ~3 minutes more.
- Just before serving, toss figs, cheese, mixed greens and almonds in balsamic vinaigrette.
- Serve chicken with salad on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 27 reviews
This is a tasty meal — I added a tablespoon of orange marmalade to the apricot glaze, which gave it more of a “glaze” consistency.
Really liked this chicken and the salad was amazing! I used grapes instead of figs, otherwise made everything the same.
I used grapes instead of figs, and I was out of maple syrup and subbed it out for honey. Delicious!
This was good, but I didn't find it to be very filling.
Apricot vinaigrette is phenomenal. Made with goat cheese and added avocado. Couldn't find figs.
this was great. salad and chicken both delicious