with broccoli and cauliflower rice
- Cauliflower, small - 1 head, florets chopped
- Ghee or grassfed butter - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Shrimp, peeled & deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Green onions - 2 stalks, sliced
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Broccoli - 1 1/2 lbs, chopped
- Garlic powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Mayonnaise (look for a paleo brand like Primal Kitchen) - 1/4 cup
- Sriracha (or other hot sauce) - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 tsp + 2 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 tsp
- Walnuts - 4 oz
- Cauliflower rice - Chop off florets. Pulse in a food processor until it reaches a rice-like consistency. Place cauliflower into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes, stirring midway through. Mix in butter and season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and then pat dry with paper towels.
- Green onions / Garlic / Broccoli - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Cook broccoli - Place garlic and broccoli into a microwave-safe container. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Make seasoning for shrimp - Mix together garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make sauce for shrimp - Mix together mayo, Sriracha, rice vinegar, and honey. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated)
- Toss shrimp with seasoning mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Heat a wok or nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Add first part of cooking oil and then microwaved garlic and broccoli to heated oil. Saute for 2 to 5 minutes, until broccoli is cooked through to your liking. Finish with aminos. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Wipe pan clean and return to medium-high heat. Add second part of cooking oil and then shrimp to heated oil. Using tongs, arrange shrimp so they're spread out into one layer so they cook more evenly. Cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side until shrimp is golden.
- Remove from heat and then toss with sauce, walnuts, and green onions. Enjoy shrimp over broccoli and cauliflower rice!
Comes together really quickly if you prep ahead of time. Will definitely be making this again.0 Helpful
My husband loved it! I thought it was good and came together quickly.0 Helpful
Broccoli was super good. I probably needed to press more liquid out of the tofu because I didn't really taste the spice mix at all, even after doubling it, but overall a tasty dish!0 Helpful
To be fair, I do not like shrimp. Probably a pretty good recipe for someone who likes shrimp! Loved the broccoli.0 Helpful
I searched for shrimp and mayo in the archives because I had shrimp in the freezer and I'd just made a batch of scratch mayo for something else which I did not entirely use up. This recipe is very tasty and an excellent use of those two things!0 Helpful
Left out the walnuts. Used a rice cooker for brown rice. Very good!!0 Helpful