Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos
with paprika corn salsa
- Corn - 4 cobs, kernels shaved off
- Red onion - 1/2, diced
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch, minced
- Lime juice - 2 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Hot sauce - for serving
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Red onion - 1, diced
- Sweet potatoes - 1 lb, cubed
- Black beans (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can, risned and drained
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Cayenne pepper - a pinch
- Tortillas - 8
- Hot sauce - as desired
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Limes - 1, sliced into wedges
- Mix corn, 1/3rd of red onion, and cilantro together with lime juice, oil, and paprika. Season to taste with salt, more paprika, and hot sauce. Set aside and give flavors time to meld.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add in cooking oil and then garlic, rest of red onion, and a dash of salt to heated oil. Sauté until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Next add sweet potatoes to the pan with a generous pinch of salt and spices (paprika, cumin, cayenne). Add 2 tbs. (30 ml) of water to the pan, cover with a lid, and lower heat to a simmer. Cook for ~5 to 8 minutes, until sweet potatoes are softened.
- Add beans to the pan and toss everything together until beans are heated through. Season to taste with more salt or spices.
- Warm tortillas according to package instructions and fill with spoonfuls of your filling, sliced avocado, and a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy with a spoonful of your corn salsa.
I really loved this - I served it on a bed of lettuce and a few crunched up taco chips for even more of a healthy twist. The corn salsa was so tasty - I will definitely be making that again. Maybe for my next potluck!0 Helpful
I was surprised at how much my husband and I liked these. The corn salsa was delicious, we added siracha to it.0 Helpful
The lime really makes a difference! Great vegetarian meal0 Helpful
So... we originally ate these with corn tortillas, and they were okay. But then we ate the leftovers with olive oil wraps from Trader Joe's and they were amazing!!! Apparently the type of tortilla makes a big difference.0 Helpful
The flavors work so well together. Friends were wowed by its uniqueness as well. Great with sriracha hot sauce.0 Helpful