Avocado Toast with Fried Eggs
and butterhead salad with pears / pecans / blue cheese
- Avocados - 2, mashed
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Bread, gluten-free sandwich - 4 slices
- Hot sauce (opt) - 1 tsp
- Pecan halves - 1/4 cup
- Chives - 1 tsp, chopped
- Mayonnaise - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Pears - 1, sliced
- Lettuce, butterhead (sub green leaf) - 1 head, leaves torn
- Cheese, blue (sub gruyere or feta) - 2 oz, crumbled
- Toast pecans - Toast pecan halves in a dry pan or skillet, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 3 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Chop chives. Whisk chives with mayonnaise, mustard, honey and lemon juice. Slowly add olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pears / Lettuce - Prep as directed and combine.
- Mash avocados with lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat cooking oil in a nonstick pan. Crack eggs into oil and fry to desired doneness (cook on one side for sunny-side up, or flip and cook on both sides).
- Toast bread.
- Spread mashed avocado on sliced bread and top with fried eggs. Season eggs with some salt and pepper.
- Toss pears, lettuce, pecans and crumbled blue cheese with half the vinaigrette. Add remaining vinaigrette until salad is dressed to your liking.
- Serve avocado toast with hot sauce on top. Enjoy with salad on the side.
the avocado toast was good. we liked it with a bit of soy sauce. but the salad was to die for. favoriting this for the salad recipe.0 Helpful
Yummy! I added sun-dried tomatoes to the eggs and topped with fresh cilantro (need to use up my cilantro before it goes bad lol)0 Helpful
This dish was so amazing, that I made it for every meal until I ran out of avocados0 Helpful
Simple. Love that. Will be good quick option to rotation in for breakfast too.0 Helpful
Very good- will make it again.0 Helpful
Easy meal that everyone liked!0 Helpful