Honey Garlic Pork Chops
with apple, sweet potato and kale salad
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Honey - 2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp
- Pork chops, bone-in or out - 4
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Sweet potatoes, small - 1, julienne
- Apples, any variety - 1, julienne
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Kale, baby - 5 oz
- Almonds, slivered or sliced (sub peanuts) - 1/4 cup
- Make honey garlic glaze - Chop garlic. Combine garlic with honey, soy sauce and red / white wine vinegar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Sweet potatoes - Julienne sweet potatoes (video is for fruit, but slice sweet potatoes into small matchsticks as shown in the video). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pork chops - Tenderize with a fork and season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Apples - Julienne apples. If not using right away, toss with a bit of lemon juice (not in ingredients list) to prevent them from turning brown.
- Heat oven to 425F (218C).
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil (the portion for the salad) and then sweet potato to heated oil with a pinch of salt. Saute until tender and golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Set sweet potato aside and return pan to heat.
- Add cooking oil (the portion for the pork) to heated pan. Sear pork chops for 2 to 3 minutes per side over high heat until they are browned and crisp.
- Transfer pork chops to the oven and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until pork is firm to the the touch (145F / 62C degrees).
- In the last 2 minutes of cooking, brush the top of pork chops with honey garlic glaze.
- Remove pork chops from the pan and allow to rest for five minutes before slicing. Reserve pan sauce that remains after cooking the pork.
- While pork rests, whisk together balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and honey (the portion for the salad). Add olive oil while whisking. Toss kale, apples, sweet potatoes and almonds in dressing. Top the salad with some black pepper.
- Slice pork chops and pour reserved pan sauce over the slices. Serve with salad on the side. Enjoy!
Everyone loved this! I roasted the sweet potatoes instead of sauteing them for the salad and used my usual spinach, chard, kale mix. The pork chops were moist and juicy. Will definitely make again.0 Helpful
I loved the salad. I spiralized and massaged. Pork was good too- nice versatile glaze. The raw garlic in the glaze tasted ok but just looked weird.0 Helpful
Husband made this, it was good! He subbed maple syrup for the honey.0 Helpful
Kale was a bit much but I made rice too to off set that! I don't like Pork but this was yummy!!0 Helpful
So great. Used pork tenderloin instead of chops. Doubled pan sauce/glaze for dipping.0 Helpful
Kids LOVED the pork chops kale salad was ehhh with them but they ate it so success!!!0 Helpful