Tilapia with Olive Gremolataand warm mustard potatoes and green beans
Tilapia fillets get a fresh finish from herb and olive gremolata. Potatoes and green beans baked alongside the fish make this a classic "sheet pan dinner."
Smarts: Boil potatoes in advance to give them a head start; they'll finish in the oven at the same time as the rest of the meal.
- Parsley - 1 cup, leaves torn
- Garlic - 1 clove, peeled
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Olives, any mix of pitted black and green - 1/2 cup
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1, sliced
- Tilapia (sub any white fish, like flounder or halibut) - 1 lb
- Olive gremolata (ingredients listed separately) - ~1/4 cup
- Potatoes, baby or new - 1 lb
- Green beans - 12 oz, trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon (use whole grain mustard if you have it) - 3 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Sour cream (sub plain or Greek yogurt) - 4 Tbsp
- Boil potatoes - Double if making Wednesday’s meal. Bring a large stock pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Drain and rinse under cool water. If potatoes are too large to eat in one bite, slice in half or quarters. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make gremolata - Tear parsley leaves, discarding stems. Peel garlic. Combine parsley, garlic, lemon zest and juice, olives and olive oil (the portion for gremolata) in a food processor (alternatively, you can finely chop all ingredients by hand and then mix with olive oil). Pulse or chop until all ingredients are in very small, even pieces. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green beans / Lemons (for the fish) - Prep as directed and store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tilapia - Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- While oven heats, whisk together cooking oil, mustard, honey and oregano. Toss with green beans and cooked potatoes (remember to reserve half the potatoes if doubled). Season with some salt and pepper. Spread on a sheet pan and set aside (don't cook it yet) while you prepare tilapia.
- Brush a second sheet pan with some oil and spread tilapia on top. Season tilapia with salt and pepper and top with lemon slices.
- Transfer both sheet pans to heated oven and bake until green beans are tender and fish is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. (Vegetables and fish should finish cooking at about the same time.)
- Discard lemon slices and top tilapia with gremolata. Enjoy with vegetables on the side. Add sour cream for potatoes, if you’d like. Enjoy!
This meal has 37 reviews
I used roasted tomatoes instead of olives! Super tasty but potatoes always need longer than it says on recipe!
Simple and very tasty!
Double the honey mustard sauce!
Feels very healthy, and makes for a tasty, creative way to eat vegetables!
Gorgeous flavours. Beans needed longer
Vegetables were great. Make sure you get a good piece of fish (I.e. Tail vs. Belly)