Rotisserie Chicken Shawarma
with cucumber salad
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2 , meat shredded
- Onions, red - 1/2 , sliced
- Bell peppers, red - 2 , diced
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 8 oz , halved
- Romaine lettuce hearts - 1 , leaves peeled
- Oil, cooking - 2 tsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Oregano - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 tsp
- Lemons - 1/2 , sliced into wedges
- Garlic - 2 cloves , crushed
- Mint leaves - 2 Tbsp , sliced
- Cucumbers - 1 lb , cubed
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
Rotisserie chicken - If not done Monday night, take meat off of the bone and shred. Use knife and fork or just hands. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Make cucumber salad - Mix together cucumber, mint, garlic cloves, red wine vinegar and olive oil. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Add red peppers with cumin, paprika and oregano. Saute for 4 to 6 minutes, until peppers are slightly softened.
Add chicken. Saute for another 2 minutes, just to warm chicken up.
Add red wine vinegar and saute for another 30 seconds and remove from heat. Season to taste with some salt and pepper.
Spoon chicken and red peppers into lettuce leaves. Top with tomatoes and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Enjoy with cucumber salad on the side.