Rotisserie Chicken Shawarma Wraps
We use rotisserie chicken again in these easy Mediterranean wraps. Paired with a creamy and tangy tzatziki, you'll never need to visit a gyro joint.
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, meat shredded
- Onions, red - 1/2, sliced
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 8 oz, halved
- Romaine lettuce hearts - 1, sliced
- Flat breads or pitas - 4
- Oil, cooking - 2 tsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Oregano - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 tsp
- Lemons - 1/2, sliced into wedges
- Garlic - 2 cloves, crushed
- Mint leaves - 2 Tbsp, sliced
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, diced
- Yogurt, plain - 1 cup
- Rotisserie chicken - If not done Monday night, take meat off of the bone and shred. Use knife and fork or just hands. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Garlic / Mint / Red onions - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Cucumbers / Romaine lettuce - Prep as directed.
- Make tzatziki - Mix together yogurt, cucumber, mint, and garlic. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat up oven to 400F / 204C. Toast flat breads or pitas on a sheet pan for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Heat up a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add oil and then red onions to heated oil. Saute for ~2 minutes.
- Add chicken with cumin, paprika and oregano. Saute for another 2 minutes, just to warm chicken up.
- Add red wine vinegar and saute for another 30 seconds and remove from heat. Season to taste with some salt and pepper.
- Assemble wraps with chicken, tzatziki, tomatoes, romaine and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Drizzle remainder of tzatziki over tomatoes and romaine that cannot fit into wraps and enjoy as a side salad!
Easy enough but an overall meh meal. I'd do something else with the rotisserie chicken I think.0 Helpful
Fell in Love with this! We eat it quite often and especially on our meatless fast days. Yum!0 Helpful
I liked that this was fairly quickly, but it was only so-so, by the relatively high standards of other Cook Smarts recipes!0 Helpful
I wanted to love this, but was underwhelmed. I tried using brown rice tortillas to make it Gluten Free, but should have gone with a better flatbread option. I forgot the lemon squeeze, I think the chicken needed that, it was a bit dry. I preferred the Vietnamese salad over this one.0 Helpful
All my favourite things in one delicious package.0 Helpful
Very flavorful. I cheated and bought tzatziki instead of making it, and the flatbread I bought was too thin and fell apart. Next time I'll find thicker one.0 Helpful