Corn and Tomato Pasta
with chickpea salad
- English / Persian cucumbers - 1/2 lb
- Red peppers - 1
- Garbanzo beans (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can, rinsed
- Basil - 2 sprigs, chopped
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Onions - 1, diced
- Cherry tomatoes - 1 pint, halved
- Corn - 3 cobs, kernels shaved
- Basil - 1 to 2 sprigs, sliced into ribbons
- Pasta (like bowtie) - 3/4 lb
- Olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- Red wine vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Goat cheese - 4 oz, crumbled
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt heavily (that water should taste like the ocean!) and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup (118 ml) of the salted pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add in olive oil, and then garlic and diced onions to heated oil with a pinch of salt. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes with red wine vinegar and another pinch of salt. Saute until they've broken down and formed a sauce, 8 to 10 minutes. Add in corn kernels and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Toss with drained pasta and reserved pasta water. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with goat cheese and basil.
- Whisk together balsamic, mustard, and oil. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Toss vinaigrette with cucumbers, peppers, chickpeas, and basil and enjoy with pasta.
Made only the pasta, added leeks and lot soup of basil, red pepper flakes, white pepper.0 Helpful
The (herbed) goat cheese really added to the flavor of the pasta.0 Helpful
I really liked the chickpea salad. However, the pasta wasn't my favorite. The flavor was okay, but a little bland, and I am not a fan of corn in a pasta dish--too much carb on carb action.0 Helpful
We forgot the chickpeas, and added some chicken to the pasta, so I guess we didn't make this exactly. Anyway, the tomato sauce was especially tasty!0 Helpful
Loved this! I would definitely serve this to friends and bask in their compliments.0 Helpful
So easy to make and tasted great!0 Helpful