Mushroom Philly Sandwiches
with arugula and plum side salad
Mushroom Philly Sandwiches:
- Bell peppers, any color - 2 , sliced
- Onions - 1 , sliced
- Mushrooms, any button (look for pre-sliced to save time) - 12 oz , sliced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese, provolone - 8 slices
- Hoagie or other sandwich rolls - 4
- Mayonnaise - 4 Tbsp
Arugula and Plum Side Salad:
- Plums (sub peaches) - 2 , sliced
- Arugula, baby - 5 oz
- Almonds, sliced - 1/4 cup
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Bell peppers / Onions - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms - Slice (if not pre-sliced). (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Plums - Slice plums.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a nonstick pan or wok over medium high heat. Add cooking oil and then mushrooms to heated oil. Saute until mushrooms are golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add peppers and onions to mushrooms and saute until peppers and onions are tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Use your hands to break cheese into small pieces and place over hot vegetables (cheese should start to melt). Cover pan with a lid or foil to keep warm.
- Toast rolls.
- Toss plums, arugula and almonds in olive oil and vinegar. Top with black pepper.
- Assemble sandwiches by spreading both sides of rolls with mayonnaise and then adding vegetables and cheese.
- Serve sandwiches with salad on the side and enjoy!