Chicken Philly Sandwiches
with arugula and plum side salad
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, sliced
- Onions - 1, sliced
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, chopped
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Cheese, provolone - 8 slices
- Hoagie or other sandwich rolls - 4
- Mayonnaise - 4 Tbsp
- Plums (sub peaches) - 2, sliced
- Arugula, baby - 5 oz
- Almonds, sliced - 1/4 cup
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Heat a nonstick pan or wok over medium high heat. Add first part of cooking oil and then chicken to heated oil. Saute until chicken is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Set chicken aside and return pan to heat.
- Add second part of cooking oil and then peppers and onions to heated oil. Saute until peppers and onions are tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken to vegetables and remove pan from heat. Use your hands to break cheese into small pieces and place over hot chicken and vegetables (cheese should start to melt). Cover pan with a lid or foil to keep warm.
- Toast rolls.
- Toss plums, arugula and almonds in olive oil and vinegar. Top with black pepper.
- Assemble sandwiches by spreading both sides of rolls with mayonnaise and then adding chicken and pepper mixture.
- Serve sandwiches with salad on the side and enjoy!
Very easy and good! I marinated the chicken in what was suggested plus a little red wine vinegar, lemon pepper, and paprika. It was amazing! Also subbed shredded mozzarella for provolone since its what we had. For the salad I used farmshare pear instead of plum and added a bit of mayo to the dressing.0 Helpful
Wanted something quick and easy today, and this was it! Simple, straight forward recipe, but so good!....I got half way through the sandwich and realized I forgot to put cheese! Still very satisfying and leftovers packed away nicely for a second day lunch.0 Helpful
Nice change of pace!0 Helpful
Made w/ sourdough bread. Veganized it by using vegan mayo and no cheese.0 Helpful
This was great for office lunches. If I had made the vegetables as written, I think they would have been really bland. I added plenty of salt and pepper and took another commenter's suggestion to add balsamic vinegar, and I also cooked the onions and peppers for quite a bit longer than called for to get some caramelization - pretty tasty with those mods!0 Helpful
This meal was easy, fast, and delicious. Thanks!!!0 Helpful