France | Nicoise Salad
with tuna / prosciutto / tomatoes / green beans / olives / eggs
A favorite in Southern France, Nicoise salads are topped with seasonal produce and served with tuna, boiled eggs and olives. Thinly sliced prosciutto gives the finished salad a salty, creamy touch.
- Green beans - 1 lb , trimmed and chopped into 1" / 2.5 cm pieces
- Eggs - 4
- Tomatoes, medium - 1 , wedges
- Chives - 1 Tbsp , chopped
- Tuna, canned, look for Spanish or Italian varieties packed in olive oil (5 oz / 142 g can) - 2 cans , drained
- Olives, nicoise (sub seedless kalamata) - 1/2 cup , drained and rinsed
- Prosciutto, thinly sliced - 1/4 lb
- Oil, olive - 1 tsp
- Salad greens - 8 oz
- Garlic - 1 clove , chopped
- Vinegar, sherry - 1 Tbsp (sub red or white wine vinegar)
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
- Green beans - Trim green beans and chop into 1" / 2.5cm pieces. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Boil eggs - Cover eggs with cold water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Put a lid on the pan and let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Boil green beans - Bring a large stock pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans and boil until tender, ~5 minutes (depending on thickness of the beans). Drain and rinse under cool water. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Chop garlic. Whisk garlic with vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and honey. Add the portion of the olive oil for vinaigrette while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Chives / Tuna / Olives - Prep as directed. (You can leave the olives whole or slice them if you’d prefer.)
- Eggs - Roll eggs against a hard, flat surface to break up shell, and then peel. Slice into quarters.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Toss green beans with olive oil (the portion for the salad) and chives.
- Assemble salads by topping salad greens with green beans, tomatoes, olives and eggs. Pull slices prosciutto apart and break tuna into small pieces as you add them. Finish with vinaigrette just before serving. Enjoy!