Summer Deli Cobb Saladwith creamy herb dressing
Deli meat isn't just for sandwiches - it also makes an easy shortcut protein for salads. It's just one of the many other ingredients that makes this Cobb Salad delicious!
- Eggs - 4, hardboiled and chopped
- Deli meat, like roast turkey or ham - 1 lb, chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 10 oz, halved
- Corn kernels, fresh off the cob or frozen - 1 1/2 cups
- Romaine lettuce - 8 oz, chopped
- Yogurt, plain - 4 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 4 Tbsp
- Garlic - 1 clove, peeled
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup, leaves loosely packed
- Avocado - 2, cubed
- Make hardboiled eggs - Cover eggs with cold water and some salt. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes and then run in cold water for easier peeling. Roll egg against a hard, flat surface to break up shell, and then peel. If making ahead of time, peel right before serving. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Deli meat / Tomatoes / Corn (if using fresh) / Romaine - Prep as directed. Tomatoes and corn can be stored together. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make dressing - Blend yogurt, oil, lemon juice, garlic, and cilantro in a blender or using an immersion blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cube avocado and chop eggs.
- Form a bed of romaine lettuce and layer all other ingredients on top - deli meat, tomatoes, corn, avocado and eggs. Let everyone dress their own salad.
This meal has 28 reviews
Forgot to get cilantro so the dressing was too sour for my husband's tastes. I liked the fresh hard boiled egg a lot. Used 2 oz. of prosciutto instead of a pound of deli meat -- very good.
Not a big fan of cilantro so I used dill instead and it was really tasty
Holy smokes! This is outstanding. The dressing makes it.
I followed the recipe pretty closely. Used ham. Forgot the corn in the microwave (oops) so we will have some in our lunches tomorrow. I also added roasted sweet potatoes a la the steak salad with roasted sweet potatoes from the archives. Ham and sweet potatoes are a winner at Thanksgiving and in August :)
Very good! I forgot how much I like Cobb salads! Not my husband's favorite, but he liked it okay. Didn't have time to make dressing, but I'll try it next time!