Mango and Shrimp Ceviche
with kiwi and strawberry smoothie
Ceviche is one of our favorite summer dishes because there's no heat needed! The acidity of lime juice is all it takes to 'cook' tender shrimp, which we surround with lots of other delicious flavors and colors for a bright summer dish. Finish with a smoothie for a perfect summer dinner.
Mango and Shrimp Ceviche:
- Lime juice - 6 Tbsp + 4 Tbsp
- Jalapenos - 1 , diced
- Red onions - 1/4 cup , diced
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb , tails removed & chopped
- Mangos - 1 , diced
- Cucumbers - 6 oz , diced
- Tomatoes, roma - 1 , diced
- Cilantro - 4 Tbsp , chopped
- Tortilla chips - for serving
Kiwi and Strawberry Smoothie:
- Kiwis - 4 , peeled
- Strawberries, frozen - 16
- Yogurt, plain - 1 cup
- Coconut water - 1 cup
- Lime juice - Squeeze out of limes if preparing fresh. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Jalapenos / Red onions - Prep as directed. Can be stored together. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Shrimp - Rinse and pat dry. Chop into bite-sized pieces (removing tails if applicable). Toss shrimp with first part of lime juice, cover and refrigerate for ~20 minutes to ‘cook’.
- Mangos / Cucumbers / Tomatoes / Cilantro - Prep as directed. Can be stored with jalapenos and red onions.
- Assemble non-shrimp part of ceviche - Toss second part of lime juice with jalapenos, red onions, mangos, cucumbers, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Kiwis - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Make smoothies by blending together kiwis, strawberries, yogurt, and coconut water.
- Shrimp should be opaque after 20 minutes. Add to rest of ceviche and toss through. Season to taste with salt and your choice of hot sauce if desired. Spoon up ceviche with tortilla chips and finish with your smoothie!