Mango and Shrimp Ceviche
with kiwi and strawberry smoothie
- Lime juice - 6 Tbsp + 4 Tbsp
- Jalapenos - 1, diced
- Red onions - 1/4 cup, diced
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb, tails removed & chopped
- Mangos - 1, diced
- Cucumbers - 6 oz, diced
- Tomatoes, roma - 1, diced
- Cilantro - 4 Tbsp, chopped
- Tortilla chips - for serving
- Kiwis - 4, peeled
- Strawberries, frozen - 16
- Yogurt, plain - 1 cup
- Coconut water - 1 cup
- Lime juice - Squeeze out of limes if preparing fresh. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Jalapenos / Red onions - Prep as directed. Can be stored together. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Shrimp - Rinse and pat dry. Chop into bite-sized pieces (removing tails if applicable). Toss shrimp with first part of lime juice, cover and refrigerate for ~20 minutes to ‘cook’.
- Mangos / Cucumbers / Tomatoes / Cilantro - Prep as directed. Can be stored with jalapenos and red onions.
- Assemble non-shrimp part of ceviche - Toss second part of lime juice with jalapenos, red onions, mangos, cucumbers, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Kiwis - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Make smoothies by blending together kiwis, strawberries, yogurt, and coconut water.
- Shrimp should be opaque after 20 minutes. Add to rest of ceviche and toss through. Season to taste with salt and your choice of hot sauce if desired. Spoon up ceviche with tortilla chips and finish with your smoothie!
Very filling and pretty easy to make.0 Helpful
Used tilapia instead of shrimp -- loved the mango, very good. Smoothie could have been sweeter -- I find that strawberries never seem sweet enough.0 Helpful
Husband made this and he liked it -- and he's a tough critic! Ceviche is something he often orders at restaurants. I enjoyed the smoothie!0 Helpful
Very tasty, very summery (w/ smoothie). Next time, definitely cut the pieces of everything smaller dipping with chips. = more prep. Larger pieces of shrimp take longer to 'cook', becomes nerve racking eating it raw. So good tho.0 Helpful
I left the shrimp in the lime juice for longer than called for--probably 40 minutes total. I thought it would be too sour for the kids but just goes to show enough mango can do magic. Left out the jalapeno though.0 Helpful
Didn't care for the smoothie, and my shrimp didn't "cook" all the way in the lime juice so I had to give them a quick flash in the pan. But the ceviche was to die for! Would definitely make it again.0 Helpful