with chickpeas and cauliflower over basmati rice
- Coriander - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Curry powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Cayenne - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic - 3 cloves , minced
- Onions - 1 , diced
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Beans, garbanzo (14oz / 397g) - 1 can
- Oil, cooking - 2 tsp
- Diced tomatoes (28oz / 794g) - 1 can
- Cauliflower, frozen - 16 oz
- Eggs, large - 4
- Yogurt, plain - for serving
- Limes - 1/2 , sliced into wedges
- Water - 1 3/4 cups
- Rice, basmati - 1 cup
- Make spice mix - Combine coriander, cumin, curry powder, ginger, paprika, turmeric, and cayenne. (Can be done ahead at anytime)
- Garlic / Onions - Prep as directed. Can be stored together. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Cilantro - Prep as directed.
- Cook rice - Fill a saucepan with water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and then add rice. Bring to a simmer, cover, turn heat down to low and cook until rice has absorbed all the liquid, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Garbanzo beans - Rinse and drain.
- Heat up a saute pan that you have a lid for over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil to pan; once oil is heated, add garlic and onions. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Add in diced tomatoes, cauliflower and chickpeas with spice mix and some salt. Mix everything through and saute for ~5 minutes. Taste and season with more salt or additional spices.
- Crack eggs directly into tomatoes. Lower heat to medium, cover, and cook for ~5 minutes, or until eggs are done to your liking.
- Divide rice into bowls. Spoon filling and 1 egg over rice. Top with a dollop of yogurt, cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!