Vegetable and Goat Cheese Sandwiches
with balsamic mayo / watermelon lime slush
These easy, delicious sandwiches are a great clean-out-the-fridge dinner. Fill them with the fresh produce we recommend or substitute any other vegetables you already have on hand. We love the chilled watermelon slush on the side for a bit of naturally sweet, refreshing fun!
- Mayonnaise - 4 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
Vegetable and Goat Cheese Sandwiches:
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , diced
- Onions - 1/2 , chopped
- Olives, any pitted - 1/4 cup , sliced
- Zucchini - 1 lb , cubed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Cheese, goat (sub feta or cubed Swiss) - 4 oz
- Sandwich rolls, gluten-free - 4
Watermelon Lime Slush:
- Watermelon, small (preferably seedless) - 1/2 , cubed
- Ice - 2 cups
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Bell peppers / Onions / Olives - Prep as directed. Combine bell peppers and onions. Store olives separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make balsamic mayo - Whisk together mayonnaise and vinegar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Zucchini - Cube zucchini. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Watermelon - Cube watermelon. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Make watermelon slush - Combine watermelon, ice and lime juice in a blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and add a bit of honey or sugar (not in ingredients list) if you’d like it a bit sweeter. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a non-stick saute pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and then zucchini. Saute until tender and golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add onions, peppers and Italian seasoning and saute until soft, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Remove pan from heat and stir olives and cheese into vegetables.
- Toast rolls, if desired.
- Spread both sides of rolls with balsamic mayo and fill with vegetables.
- Serve sandwiches with a glass of watermelon slush on the side. Enjoy!