[Leftover] Meatball Banh Mi
with carrot slaw / spicy mayo / watermelon wedges
- Mayonnaise - 4 Tbsp
- Chili-garlic sauce (sub any hot sauce) - 1 tsp
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup, leaves torn
- Cucumbers, medium - 1, sliced
- Korean meatballs, leftover from Monday - ~20, halved
- Baguette (sub sandwich rolls) - 10 oz
- Carrot slaw (ingredients listed separately) - ~1 1/2 cups
- Carrots, medium (look for pre-shredded to save time) - 1, grated
- Vinegar, rice - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Watermelon, small (preferably seedless) - 1/2, wedges
- Make spicy mayo - Whisk together mayonnaise and chili-garlic sauce. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Carrot slaw - Grate carrots using a food processor, box grater, or julienne peeler (skip if you purchased pre-shredded carrots). Toss with vinegar and sugar. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Cilantro / Cucumbers / Watermelon - Prep as directed. (If making Thursday’s smoothies, cube watermelon for that day at the same time.)
- Slice meatballs in half and warm up in the microwave.
- Slice open baguettes and toast (if desired).
- Assemble sandwiches by spreading spicy mayo onto bread and then layering in meatballs (~10 halves / serving), carrot slaw, cilantro leaves and sliced cucumbers.
- Serve banh mi with watermelon wedges on the side. Enjoy!
I liked the meatballs better in a banh mi than on their own.0 Helpful
My family loves this with Anybtype of meatball. Yum!0 Helpful
I really like this for leftover meatballs. We used meatless meatballs from TJ's.0 Helpful
Quick and easy. Love it0 Helpful
This was really delicious and came together so quickly. I left the sugar out of the slaw and used extra vinegar, and added extra hot sauce to the mayo.0 Helpful
We took these on a camping trip. So easy and delicious.0 Helpful