Deconstructed Bagel and Lox Saladwith creamy garlic-lemon dressing
- Bagels - 2, torn up
- Onions, red - 1/4 cup, sliced
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, sliced
- Tomatoes, grape - 10 oz, halved
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped
- Smoked salmon - 12 oz
- Garlic - 1 clove, minced
- Capers - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, white wine (sub red wine) - 4 tsp
- Mustard, dijon - 4 tsp
- Creme fraiche - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Make bagel croutons - Heat oven to 400F / 204C. Tear up bagels into bite-sized pieces and spread out onto a sheet pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until croutons have crisped up.
- Make dressing - Chop garlic and capers. Mix with lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, creme fraiche, and honey. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead and refrigerated)
- Red onions - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Tomatoes / Romaine lettuce - Prep as directed.
- Toss 3/4 of dressing with romaine, cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions. Divide salad up and then top with salmon and croutons. Drizzle with remainder of the dressing. Enjoy!
This meal has 19 reviews
Used fresh salmon instead of smoked, baked in toaster oven.
I liked how quick and easy this was, and it was very tasty. I usually pack up leftovers for lunch at work the next day, and this one isn't one that keeps well, texture-wise. Still tasted pretty good though!
Husband approved (minus the hard boiled eggs) - so I think we'll be having this salad again sometime!
Delicious. Easy cleanup and no cooking! Great summer meal.
Thought the dressing was great. Wasn't sure what cream fraiche was so we used cream cheese. Would have been even better if we would have had smoked salmon. Ours was non smoked.
Substituted Pilsberry Cresents for the bagels - so flavorful!